5 POUND PREPS

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: 5 POUND PREPS

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Mad Scientist wrote:Wow! Great bargain hunting everyone! Some of my faves are Morrison's spaghetti 26p, most stuff in reduced aisle, fish fingers 60 ish p, Nescafé coffee in damaged boxes from market 2 for £1, 5 boxes of cakes for £2, er my whole pantry is out of the market, foraged from a field or the reduced aisle or laid by the hens. Free lunch and coffee from work.
Frugal is a prep ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Wow! Great bargain hunting everyone! Some of my faves are Morrison's spaghetti 26p, most stuff in reduced aisle, fish fingers 60 ish p, Nescafé coffee in damaged boxes from market 2 for £1, 5 boxes of cakes for £2, er my whole pantry is out of the market, foraged from a field or the reduced aisle or laid by the hens. Free lunch and coffee from work.
Frugal is a prep ;)[/quote]

I have short arms and deep pockets do i win? :? :twisted:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

You're a Yorkshireman ?
Nope, thats normal :P

My Grandfather was from there, he had no problem with spending money..... He would stick it in his pocket and it would stay there no problem at all :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
bettersafethansorry

Post by bettersafethansorry »

Hey guys few of us buying tuna (Morrison's savers tuna x 2 £1.64) just thought i would share that tesco have a tuna in thats cheaper than value range called "Pacific tuna" i think and it was 49p per can.

HTH

-M
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
sherrifsam

Post by sherrifsam »

bettersafethansorry wrote:Hey guys few of us buying tuna (Morrison's savers tuna x 2 £1.64) just thought i would share that tesco have a tuna in thats cheaper than value range called "Pacific tuna" i think and it was 49p per can.

HTH

-M
Cheers for the tip bettersafethansorry
sherrifsam

Post by sherrifsam »

Heres my list for the week,
Home bargins
Morning fresh washing up liquid x 2 £1.00
Dried banana chips 69p x 2 1.38
ASDA
tinned carrots x 5 95p
tinned peas x 5 £1.00
Rice 1kg x 2 80p

Total 5.13

Just doing this for a month I've amassed a surprising amount of supplies so far.
jasper1

Post by jasper1 »

I picked up 5 pairs of slip on rubber/spiked ice shoe gripper thingys for us and the out-laws.....£1 each at one of the pound shops :)
bettersafethansorry

Post by bettersafethansorry »

this weeks £5

pound shop: aluminium led torch £1
Tesco: various canned goods £2.87
Market: out of date honey jars 10x 10pea £1 (fools)
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

jasper1 wrote:I picked up 5 pairs of slip on rubber/spiked ice shoe gripper thingys for us and the out-laws.....£1 each at one of the pound shops :)
I think Aldi or Lidl have some of those coming up soon if so I having some, Plymouth city centre is like one big ice rink, and what were you thinking? I couldn't consider improving my mother in laws survival chances ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

bettersafethansorry wrote:this weeks £5

pound shop: aluminium led torch £1
Tesco: various canned goods £2.87
Market: out of date honey jars 10x 10pea £1 (fools)
Seriously :shock:

What total plank thinks honey spoils ??

Going back next week ? :twisted:

Saving them as sweeteners or are you going to prep mead?