More diy stoves

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
tommylongstocking

Re: More diy stoves

Post by tommylongstocking »

tfish wrote: I keep on prepped and filled with Charcol in the back of the ute.
I haven't heard the term ute since my days in oz, happy memories

Tommy
Drama_Diva

Post by Drama_Diva »

ty for the info. I like the idea of the hobo stove.
I'm not what you'd call DIY savy :lol: but I might try making one of these from a tin can.
dead-man-walking

Post by dead-man-walking »

do a lil research on "rocket" stoves on you tube, quite easy to make by the look of it and very fuel efficient wood burner type.
its one of the ones im going to have a go at making myself, especially as i can get large cattering size cans scrap from work( they like getting rid of them that way due to amount of space they take up in the bins)

so might be worth having a word with your local takeaways as alot of ingredients will come in them and also they are a good scource for food safe plastic tubs
Drama_Diva

Post by Drama_Diva »

I'll take a look into rocket stoves too. ty. I did make myself a little hobo stove last night, just out of a normal sized tin can...it's a bit pathetic looking. I haven't tried it out yet to see if it works.
mole hill

Post by mole hill »

Here's a bit of info on a rocket stove for those that a interested http://www.richsoil.com/rocket-stove-mass-heater.jsp
richardivryn

Post by richardivryn »

Kelly Kettle are suposed to be bringing out a hobo stove to fit the base of the basecamp/scout kettle but i dont know when.
Area 12