What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
FEISTY

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by FEISTY »

Arzosah wrote:
FEISTY wrote:
Arzosah wrote:Feisty, how old is your daughter?
HI Arzosah. TMI LOL! See reply to Poppypiesdad.
Hmmm. I really wish I hadn't bothered.
Arzosah: I'm a loner too. I like people ok, but I wouldn't say I have any close friends. More nodding aquaintances, really. Nobody knows I prep, except you guys, so I have no problems, there. I don't have a job, being schizophrenic, so I don't have any contact like that. I just keep myself to myself, do my ...

Ah! Social skills slightly underdeveloped too ... Great!
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

...well..... moving on I think chaps eh..... ?!

The planting is beginning up here this week - woo hoo! leeks, salad, onions, beetroot and turnip will be on the go as of the end of this week and every windowsill in the house is currently covered in seed potatoes chitting. (remember we need to hang back a bit up here if no heated glasshouse or polytunnel!)

But the first dig is done and we've got a bulk delivery of new compost coming to the plots this week to top up all of our raised beds so progress well underway.

The only fly in the ointment is that we need to get the greenhouse emptied of all the wood that we've overwintered and that means getting the woodstore finished and that means moving the other woodpile currently covered in a tarp and that means getting the chainsaw out to get it down to more manageable sizes and that means getting a cuppa and thinking about it because I'm cringing at the thought.... :shock:

(on the plus side I made paper pulp bricks for the stove and they've dried and worked REALLY well!)
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Well less type type more chop chop :-) , good luck seems a mammoth task .

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

looking more closely at my incomings and outgoings and making a few changes
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Grassman

Post by Grassman »

Film in a jar exploding,I'm going to hold on to that one,now I have a use for all my old negative photos! Fishing is a skill you can develope,it's not something that happens just through sitting still,you have to hunt for the fish.Polaroid glasses help a lot.A rod,pole gets the bait out to the fish. If I find you fishing line unattended,I might help myself to some of your fish. I will not be doing that personally,but someone will!? Big eels live in tiny streams under bridges,in pipes,big is 5 to 6 feet,bigger and stronger than one person can handle.Might take you 2 or 3 days to catch one..Try it,use raw bacon as bait and a lot of it, enough for a big sarny.Have a result.
southernhunter

Post by southernhunter »

This weekend I am mostly kitting the garage out, having decided that this will be my bug in as it's underneath the house. There's loads of kit down there already, but I intend to make it more liveable, scrap carpet, futon etc. I've found some great tool hangers so will be wall mounting a lot of kit like rope, axe, machete, etc and I figure if the time comes that I have to start living in the garage I'll have legitimate reason to have the firearms loose so building a gun rack too!
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

poppypiesdad wrote:Well less type type more chop chop :-) , good luck seems a mammoth task .

J
it IS a mammoth task -but you've cheered me up!

Ta much. :P
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

More food (soups for sure), drugs (paracetamol, anti-histamine) and candles this week. 84l black box already filled (quite pleased as I've only just started) - I can't lift it, so will have to empty it out and re-fill it in situ in garage - so possibly another of those. Some of the BB dates surprisingly near, so have set up an inventory to make sure things are used (this is the tricky part, because we don't eat a lot of canned food) - some by the middle of 2015. The salmon is 06/2018, so I'll be buying a lot more of that - my son and I love it anyway. Realised this is one area I'll have to keep a close eye on. This is going to do wonders for my stock-taking skills.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

I have mainly been testing my stock of lager and paracetamol. Ooof sore head :(
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ears, nose, throught infection, 3 weeks at work with it, doctor didnt hesitate to sign me off for 2 weeks when I bit the bullet and got down there!
Gave me a prescription but told me not to waste my money unless I had no change in a week?

It has made me think hard about how this would effect my family if we were digging in?

Does it matter how much medication I have prepped, especialy anti biotics?

it has focused my thoughts on a possible senario of a house with no services and a sick family! :shock: :?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.