Hello from Leicestershire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
mcren

Hello from Leicestershire

Post by mcren »

Hello everyone.

I'm 24 years old from Leicestershire. I started prepping last year and was motivated by the water and power going down in my apartment for over 24 hours. Hardly any water or food was not nice. It also seemed everyone went to tescos and emptied the shelves of water!

Now I keep a small scale supply of about 20 litres.

I'm a small scale prepper I'm preparing for further water / power outages and I am also preparing for food shortages and loss of income.

I'll try to be as active as I can as this seems like a great forum.

Regards

Mcren.
preppingsu

Re: Hello from Leicestershire

Post by preppingsu »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You seem to have a very sensible prepping outlook

It would be interesting to hear your perspective of prepping in a UK apartment.
mcren

Post by mcren »

Thanks for the welcome!

As for prepping in an apartment it is quite difficult. I live with my partner and two others. My partner knows I'm prepping but I don't want the others to know. I keep the majority of my food preps in with my normal kitchen things, hiding in plain sight!

The water is always rotated I have 2 x 5 litre bottles of water under the bed that are hidden and a couple of cases of 500ml bottled water that I use for work so I am always seen to be using it and not hoarding it.

The other bits and bobs just blend in with all of my other camping gear but at the moment my preps include trying to find somewhere to hide some cash and jewellery in case the ATMs fail and I cannot draw cash.

Is there a topic on here where people post a photo of there preps or is that a little to much to ask (protecting people's own preps from prying eyes)

Michael.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

mcren wrote:
Is there a topic on here where people post a photo of there preps or is that a little to much to ask (protecting people's own preps from prying eyes)

Michael.
Well, members do post photos of preps but they tend to be within the different subject area eg photo of BOB contents or first aid contents.

Sometimes there might be a picture of a cupboard showing food preps when a member has done some alterations.

Best to have a mooch around.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hello and welcome :) And small scale is the perfect way to start prepping. Some of us on here are into more small scale and self sufficiency style of prepping, some are more into total collapse of society - you know the whole "zombie apocalypse" ;) Either way its good to be prepared for what ever life chucks at you, be it power outs, flood, loss of income or society breakdown, famine and disease!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)