What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Plymtom

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Plymtom »

Bought some tinned Haggis and black pudding from Asda yesterday, for variety in the meaty stock, tried the haggis today and its nice £1 a tin (standard bean sized) the black pud is a bit smaller in diameter like some peas come in and £1.30 a tin.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Getting rather good at the whole storing what I eat and eating what i store thing and am increasing my artistry in doing just that. Am planning the next big tesco shopping load, but I am ludicrously aware that i have been neglecting sweet things in storage, so i will in my next load, be going for no added sugar tinned fruit rather than just beans, potatoes and peas, although beans potatoes and peas will still feature in my setup.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
jansman

Post by jansman »

Plymtom wrote:Bought some tinned Haggis and black pudding from Asda yesterday, for variety in the meaty stock, tried the haggis today and its nice £1 a tin (standard bean sized) the black pud is a bit smaller in diameter like some peas come in and £1.30 a tin.
I never knew those items existed. Forget the haggis, but the black pud sounds ok.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

Tinned haggis?

No need to prep tinned haggis just get yourself a bag and head for the hills hide behind a bush till a fresh one comes running round jump out and scare it it will try and run away but as one leg shorter than the other so can only run round the hill one way it will fall over so you can pick and take it home for tea

Prep wise finished fixing my shed well still need a to sort a couple of leaks in the roof but new floor and edging so happy it will be a good store.

Also bought a propper touring caravan and plan to sell our rapido exportmatic folding caravan this once fixed up as it needs a little tlc (i love a project) will be part of our bug out plan with independant gas and a solar pannel to a lesure battery and a stash of water means we can bug out to the back garden if there is a prob with a house eg no power/gas. Or bug out to a caravan site if the house is really bad eg fire or flood.
Not planning for the end of the world just to survive till normality resumes, while sticking to the scout moto be prepared!

Still considering do I want to survive the end of the world or deck chair on the front lawn with a cold beer?
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

bob the builder wrote:Tinned haggis?

No need to prep tinned haggis just get yourself a bag and head for the hills hide behind a bush till a fresh one comes running round jump out and scare it it will try and run away but as one leg shorter than the other so can only run round the hill one way it will fall over so you can pick and take it home for tea.
:lol:

Love it!

Told my son that and he believed it for years... And that sheep were clouds that had landed... :shock:

Off to supermarket too see what bargains I can get for my stash.

Update: no bargains to be found but did get more tinned vegetables, fruit and a yummy chocolate pudding. Corn kernels for popping, jar of peanut butter, big bag of apple nuts and peach granola. All logged and away.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Slazanger

Post by Slazanger »

been working on my fitness.. lots of hiking. Exploring the local area, practicing my map reading and generally enjoying being outside :)
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Decaff - what are apple nuts? I googled it, but they described them as being possibly used as buttons :). I am none the wiser. Whatever they are - do they keep for a long time?
dazthechippy

Post by dazthechippy »

Same as Slazanger really, getting out into the woods to work on the fitness and check out the surrounding areas, found a nice little river for water if needed that's a short walk from the house and a few places with deer tracks and rabbit burrows.

Being newish to the area we tag along with other families on walks, they rocket past everything, i just bimble along at the back making notes and cross referencing on the OS map when they're out of sight..they think I'm a slow coach! - I can then retrace the route a couple of times to make sure i can find it without a map

It really is amazing what's right in front of you if you stop to look hard enough
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

FEISTY wrote:Decaff - what are apple nuts? I googled it, but they described them as being possibly used as buttons :). I am none the wiser. Whatever they are - do they keep for a long time?
Sorry FEISTY, it should have read "apple, nuts" rather than apple nuts :shock: I need to make sure I check before posting more often I think! :oops: many apologies.

Its granola to add to yoghurt and i think you can make it into cereal bars too.

Just checked my receipt for the price and it seems they didn't charge me for it!!! :shock:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

it should have read "apple, nuts" rather than apple nuts :shock:
The English language can be such fun, i knew a girl who had a similar problem describing a beach trip, riding Donkeys, playing with her brothers balls, sand castles, and paddling in the sea.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.