My preps for a cashless society

How are you preparing
Ferricks

Re: My preps for a cashless society

Post by Ferricks »

Hat's off to you - you're absolutely right to change your life the way you want to and I wish you every success for the future.

All the positivity of course is entirely conditional on you keeping us posted ;)
Mally

Post by Mally »

Ha ha. Of course I will Ferricks. And thank you.
its nice to get such a positive reaction to my forthcoming adventure. Thanks again.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Mally, I admire your plans and wish well you with them, from the things you say in your post, you are a person of maturity. It is unusual for someone with grown children to choose to walk a different path, but I wish you well and look forward to hearing of your experiences either here or on a blog. Go in peace and enjoy the ride.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Mally

Post by Mally »

Thank you so much Hamradioop. My hope is that as I explore this new lifestyle my grown up children will recognise that there are other alternatives to how most seem to think we should live our lives. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks again and I will definately keep you all informed of how it progresses.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Mally, I wish I could join in your adventure, however i care for my Wife who has MS so not possible.

Good Luck and Good fun.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Mally

Post by Mally »

Thank you Hamradioop..
Curious George

Post by Curious George »

Good luck with it all Mally. Did some wwoofing years ago around Cork, had a great time and met some lovely people (avoid restocking the hay barn it's hard work!)

Look forward to your post on how your getting on :D
Mally

Post by Mally »

Thanks George. I'll keep you posted. And thanks for the tip too. :)
Mally

Post by Mally »

Well, a bit earlier than planned, but I'll be on my way, come the beginning of November!
I've had a few wwoofing offers and have chosen one which has offered me a stay for as long as I want, subject to a 4 werk trial to see how we all get on.
I've picked this one as the long stay will get me over the winter months.
The place I'll be going too has 65 acres. It has fruit trees on which I'll be learning all aspects of fruit tree cutting.
I'll also be working with the animals which include, llamas, ponies, sheep, dogs, cats and chickens.
Other projects include restoring a carsvan, fence building, scrub clearance and starting a vegetable patch.
I also have my follow on placement in line, ready to move on to, subject to getting a few weeks notice.
i11matic1795

Post by i11matic1795 »

Your plan sounds amazing, I might have to look into something similar!

Good luck, and keep us updated!

i11matic