What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
junmist

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by junmist »

well after a week of debating we finely ordered the multi fuel fire from B&Q as it was on special for £170 now I just need to get the chimney swept and find someone to but it in for me. In the mean time it will sit in the conservatory and if we have a long term power cut before it goes in I will open the door and fire it up so that I have another cooking source besides the small camping stove :)
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
external

Post by external »

Been a bit quiet with preps as money was tight due to some building work. Back to normal so I have added the following to my preps (mostly my ebola preps)
- Biohazard bags
- Some more latex gloves
- Probiotics
- safety goggles
- tyvec suits
- shoe covers
- gaffer tape

Going to do an Aldi shop later and add some more tins to my food prep, currently only have maybe 1 - 2 weeks of food, need to increase that.

On a more general prepping not I am looking longer term at solar panels coupled with an air source heat pump rather than being reliant on oil.
Fail to prepare, then prepare to fail.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Ordered another 6 two ltr kilnerclio top jars from Amazon yesterday as I have a few more dry goods to store and these are my preferred storing solution with the oxy absorbers.

OH has been very poorly this week so not been able to get out and about to do much shopping, been baking though so not feeling too home bound.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
raz

Post by raz »

I've been beefing up on my pandemic preps for the past 2 weeks as what I had was pretty pitiful.. I bought a couple of basic Hazmat kits ( a lot cheaper than I thought they'd be ) and I went outside the box and across the pond for a couple of items I've been wanting to try out for a while. the 1st to arrive was my Scough its basically a scarf u cover ur face with that has a replaceable carbon filter inside which filters nasty germs. ( really like it )

http://wearascough.com/collections/fron ... nnel-scarf

and the second thing I ordered was colloidal silver. ( still not bloomin arrived yet ) I've not tried this before but it has quite a lot of studies saying it helps the immune system fight disease etc if anybody has more info on it I would love to get a perspective from people who use it :)
1234Alive

Post by 1234Alive »

Registering on this site, sorting out some storage space, and reading up on t'interweb.
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:got 2 packs of these in lidl

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249 ... 6880&ar=10

I bought 2 of these today, Yorkshire Andy. Would have bought more, but only two complete boxes left. Thanks for pointing them out. Also bought 4 packs of 3 chunky candles (Sm, Med & Lge), £2.99 per pack in Home Bargains. According to the packaging each pack will burn for a total of 92 hours. Will be looking out for more, but I cleared the shelf :oops: . I bought a pack of dinner candles in Lidl too to add to my growing stash, but I couldn't believe my luck with the HB ones. Some will stay in the house for immediate use just in case and the rest will go into the garage as permanent preps. Can't have too many candles. What I need now are a few more of the Wee Willie Winkie type candle holders. Anyone know where I can buy them (inexpensively, as they're just for SHTF). I'd also like some of those straight sided jars for the chunky candles.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

raz wrote: and the second thing I ordered was colloidal silver. ( still not bloomin arrived yet ) I've not tried this before but it has quite a lot of studies saying it helps the immune system fight disease etc if anybody has more info on it I would love to get a perspective from people who use it :)
This istuff is fantastic imo. A neighbour lent me some when alpha male burnt his hand. No infection and the redness went down very quickly. It's now on the kitchen windowsill and has been used several times, with success. A good buy I think
Knowledge is power
raz

Post by raz »

That's gd to know stash the stuff seems to have 101 uses cant wait give it a try :)
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Received my jars yesterday so today I filled one with strawberry granola, one with sugar, one with plain flour. :P

I totted up my stores and am chuffed to say that so far I have almost 4 months supply of breakfasts, lunches and dinners!! A good few months of fruits, drink sachet mixes and condiments. I need to get more coffee sachets and hot drinks, I have an embarrassing amount of treats/sweets/puddings and chocolates :oops: I need more water but this is heavy and takes up so much room. I may get a couple of those storage containers including one for the bath!

I have no long life milk as yet so if anyone knows of any that doesn't have that nasty smell I would be grateful! Sainsbos used to do one in a red/white carton years ago but can't remember what it was called, only that it didn't have that smell! :roll:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Filled rucksack at the shops today - extra tins mainly - normal pre-winter preps.
Bought some ready meals for an indiepop festival trip with my son in 2 weeks :)