Even more minimal BoB!

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
neverready

Re: Even more minimal BoB!

Post by neverready »

moocher wrote:I was looking at a similar bag on a well known auction site,that fitted onto a bikes handlebars.as well as shoulder carried and waist attached.
One and the same :)

Or at least one of many!

However, I'm not sure the bag is going to make it! One of the press studs has broken and I have discovered some decidedly dodgy stitching!

I have already ordered a Czech army haversack as an alternative :D

Because all of a sudden none of my other bags are suitable and it turns out I seem to be suffering from some kind of illness that keeps me constantly buying stuff I don't need!

:D :D :D
Area 5.

Looking for woodland for gear testing/overnighters ;)
moocher

Post by moocher »

neverready wrote:
moocher wrote:I was looking at a similar bag on a well known auction site,that fitted onto a bikes handlebars.as well as shoulder carried and waist attached.
One and the same :)

Or at least one of many!

However, I'm not sure the bag is going to make it! One of the press studs has broken and I have discovered some decidedly dodgy stitching!

I have already ordered a Czech army haversack as an alternative :D

Because all of a sudden none of my other bags are suitable and it turns out I seem to be suffering from some kind of illness that keeps me constantly buying stuff I don't need!
:D :D :D
I nearly bought one at £7 glad i didn't now :lol:
Jimski

Post by Jimski »

Snugpaks are on offer here at the min, with £1 delivery, making them £12.83 delivered.

Ordered mine yesterday, paid by PayPal for piece of mind, but looks to be dispatched today!

http://www.daleswear.co.uk/?action=shop ... sponse-pak
neverready

Post by neverready »

Jimski wrote:Snugpaks are on offer here at the min, with £1 delivery, making them £12.83 delivered.

Ordered mine yesterday, paid by PayPal for piece of mind, but looks to be dispatched today!

That's a great price. I have to confess I had no idea the Snugpaks could be had so cheap. Still, my cheapy one isn't dead yet and I am sure it will come in handy for something!
Area 5.

Looking for woodland for gear testing/overnighters ;)
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Jimski wrote:Snugpaks are on offer here at the min, with £1 delivery, making them £12.83 delivered.

I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade but shouldn't a genuine Snugpak have Snugpak Response Pak embroidered on the front pouch and also have Snugpak plastic pull tabs on the zips, not knotted paracord. There's a lot of hookie Far East copies out there and sometimes a bargain is not a bargain when it's potentially not up to spec. I hate myself for posting this because I do love a bargain but not when it's outdoor kit I rely upon.

I sound like an ol' woman. Forgive me.

Briggs.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:

I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade but shouldn't a genuine Snugpak have Snugpak Response Pak embroidered on the front pouch and also have Snugpak plastic pull tabs on the zips, not knotted paracord. There's a lot of hookie Far East copies out there and sometimes a bargain is not a bargain when it's potentially not up to spec. I hate myself for posting this because I do love a bargain but not when it's outdoor kit I rely upon.

I sound like an ol' woman. Forgive me.

Briggs.

Well spotted Eagle Eyes, so it should be more like this:

Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

The one in that picture is upside down (the bag not the picture). The embroidery is at the bottom.

Mine is embroidered with the logo and also has cord on the zip pulls. The plastic pulls are routinely removed and replaced with cord for military use (quieter) and I believe Snugpak released a version like this. It would be good to know from the manufacturer though.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Hoipoloi wrote:

The one in that picture is upside down (the bag not the picture). The embroidery is at the bottom.

I think Briggs may still be on to something, if you compare the one above with the one on your link, as well as the zips being different, look at the black compression straps, on the one I have posted they are on top of the horizontal webbing, but on your link, they are behind it.

It may be just the one on your link is an old model??? I don't know. But just be aware just in case.....

Bear in mind the one I have posted an image to is only a couple of quid more, £15.90 for the green one on Amazon with free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... d_i=468294
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

Devonian wrote:..... look at the black compression straps, on the one I have posted they are on top of the horizontal webbing, but on your link, they are behind it.
Yes, you can pass the compression straps behind the molle strap to keep them more in line with the buckle, or on the outside allowing easier access to the front pocket.

Like you say, it pays to be careful and buying from a reputable outlet is obviously best.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
munchh

Post by munchh »

AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.