Tesco - Windproof Lighter - Turboflame-esk!

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Jimski

Tesco - Windproof Lighter - Turboflame-esk!

Post by Jimski »

Evening,

Went to Tesco earlier for a few bits and pieces and saw these, thought why not. Didn't expect much but needed a couple for the GHB! Just saw windproof and thought, 'they will do'.

Well, got them home and it turns out they are in fact 'turboflame' style lighters, like a mini blow torch, so ideal for sealing paracord etc. Surprisingly, they are refillable and you get two lighters for £2.50!

Just thought they might be handy for someone, I'm pretty chuffed with them and will be getting some more!

Couple of pictures, because we all love pictures!

Briggs 2.0

Re: Tesco - Windproof Lighter - Turboflame-esk!

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Thank you for the post - off to Tesco tomorrow.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Jimski

Post by Jimski »

No problem! I'm a bit of a bargain hunter so you can expect a few more threads from me!

For the record I have no affiliation with Tesco ;)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Good catch.

Refillable is great, I no longer buy non-fillables..... If I want something with a limited life I'll buy matches.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Good catch.

I no longer buy non-fillables..... If I want something with a limited life I'll buy matches.
They make good targets mind you ;)

My wife bought us all turbo flame lighters, very good mine's shaped like a grenade and all the paint has rubbed off of it, I don't smoke any more but I carry it all the time.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
marshman

Post by marshman »

Thanks for the info got a couple today great value
Bimble

Post by Bimble »

Bought some of these today, ideal opportunity to test them immediately outside the supermarket, it was piddling with rain and windy. First impressions, very good value for two refillable turboflame-like lighters, nice soft rubberised feel to them too. Bargain!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

By coincidence I bought a packet of these yesterday and I was impressed. I'm not a smoker so they were for the 'store' but if they're considered as good gear I'll invest in a few more. Cheers for the heads up.
Jimski

Post by Jimski »

No problem! Glad its helped a few folks, I've had a try at refilling and they are fine! 99p for the gas from the local pound shop! Happy days!
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Jimski wrote:No problem! Glad its helped a few folks, I've had a try at refilling and they are fine! 99p for the gas from the local pound shop! Happy days!
What kind of pound shop is that!!! ;)