What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
nickdutch

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by nickdutch »

its always a question of fresh batteries for me and Im heading out to get some soon
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

sorted kibble for the dog for six months extra supplies. trying hard to stop buying things online and wait patiently for existing orders to arrive, its adding up and there is still a lot on my wish list to get :( but also realized close to or have already hit practical transport weight carry limit (although liking bike and trailer concept) . Sat down and gone through everything acquired already and assigned them all to the different "bags", Bug In stores, car boot bag, bob, emergency bag (ignored the box with the chocolate bars in) and the challenge will then be to work out what will and wont fit and swaping stuff around and whether it is too heavy or not. Bivi Bag ordered, looking longingly at a tent and trying to delude myself that I can justify the price tag over the cheap £30 ASDA one that is already in garage. Lots of candles, wood supplies. Working up to working through Krav Maga training videos on YouTUbe here : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMD_k2IDOQpGU4D8OMyHXVQ and thinking of low key recon some localish sites I have found to add to possible location plans.
Area 9
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

More lock and lock boxes for storing my bread mixes long term oooh lovely strong click to them! ;)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

I couldn't help myself:

A Smokehouse Outfitter to add to my collection. :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb89n8F3QYc
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Jimski

Post by Jimski »

Woah thats impressive! Where did you get that from? I'm currently researching the 'tarp' side of things and its all pointing towards a DD 3x3 to be honest, although I like the idea of the XL.

This takes it all to a whole new level!!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Jimski wrote:Woah thats impressive! Where did you get that from? I'm currently researching the 'tarp' side of things and its all pointing towards a DD 3x3 to be honest, although I like the idea of the XL.

This takes it all to a whole new level!!
Thanks, The Smokehouse Outfitter was imported from the USA.

I'd go for the XL tarp, gives you more options.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

ow ow ow, for the prepper dog owners, for those forced exits yomps over the snow cover hills in winter :)

http://www.baxterboo.com/p.cfm/camo-fleece-jumpsuit
Area 9
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Only been doing a bit here and there as there's been so much else to do, but other than stocking up on things like Home Bargains candles (3 different sizes £2.99), which I discovered burn really well, cleanly and for ages and a lot more cans and jars over the last few weeks, I've mainly been re-organising. Just ordered a further cooking stove, a 28 pack of butane (haven't ventured into propane yet) to bulk up the supply I already have and a red 1 litre camping kettle. Yesterday, ordered hard neck garlic bulbs, Jerusalem artichoke tubers and broad bean seeds - not grown any of those before! I've booked a table at a table-top sale to try and get rid of a whole lot of assorted stuff, none of which is any use for prepping 8-).
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Got rid of 2 of my kids, oops mean 2 of my darling children have left home, renting a house in town, boo hoo :twisted:

I filled boxes and boxes of food and stuff for them, hoping that if they start with full cupboards, they might keep them topped up, this means my stores are sorely depleted but as I have 2 less (Large) appetites to cater for I wasn't sure how much I'd replace. So I spent some time reading some of the posts with this in mind and guess what, I'm already bought 36 cans assorted fruit, veg, beans. 6 packs toilet rolls, 4 cakes soap, 8 packs painkillers & cold remedies, pasta, rice, flour, dried fruit,cooking oil, breakfast cereals, loads of sugar (will keep easily till next fruit season for jams etc.)

With all the varing threads I read cold war, solar storms, winter, pandemics as real possibilities it seemed silly to back off from prepping so much as they would come home as soon as their food ran out anyway and my main reasons for prepping in the first place is still the same, family, money hiccups, illness/injury, the unexpected.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

izzy_mack wrote:Got rid of 2 of my kids, oops mean 2 of my darling children have left home, renting a house in town, boo hoo :twisted:

I filled boxes and boxes of food and stuff for them, hoping that if they start with full cupboards, they might keep them topped up, this means my stores are sorely depleted but as I have 2 less (Large) appetites to cater for I wasn't sure how much I'd replace. So I spent some time reading some of the posts with this in mind and guess what, I'm already bought 36 cans assorted fruit, veg, beans. 6 packs toilet rolls, 4 cakes soap, 8 packs painkillers & cold remedies, pasta, rice, flour, dried fruit,cooking oil, breakfast cereals, loads of sugar (will keep easily till next fruit season for jams etc.)

With all the varing threads I read cold war, solar storms, winter, pandemics as real possibilities it seemed silly to back off from prepping so much as they would come home as soon as their food ran out anyway and my main reasons for prepping in the first place is still the same, family, money hiccups, illness/injury, the unexpected.
Sugar, like salt has no 'use by' dates and if kept dry will pretty much last forever. Many preppers overlook salt, its uses are many so make sure you really stock up on it.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.