What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
Wulfshead

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by Wulfshead »

After an enjoyable visit from Jotnar last night in which we chatted prepping until the wee hours I awoke this 'afternoon' to the ASDA delivery my wife ordered.
I mentioned in another post that my father reminded me we have a gas oven in the trailer tent storage compartments so my wife ordered bread making supplies and other sensible stuff.
She ordered soaps and shampoos which are for the prepping cupboard.
big bags of lentils and pulses and all the other dried stuff for stew making.
We have my daughter and mother-in-law around for Sunday dinner and the consensus is that bread does seem to fly off the shop shelves once the snow falls here.
I prep for 9 of us long term but it would be much harder to be realistic without Mrs Wulfshead's keen eye for prepping supplies.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Good to stock on bread making goodies, I've been doing the same thing at Chez Decaff the last couple of weeks, will get more but need to finish freezing and storing the packs I have first before getting more. Tesco were selling their mixes for 45pence plus 3 for 2 so I did stock up rather a few bags.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Decaff wrote:Good to stock on bread making goodies, I've been doing the same thing at Chez Decaff the last couple of weeks, will get more but need to finish freezing and storing the packs I have first before getting more. Tesco were selling their mixes for 45pence plus 3 for 2 so I did stock up rather a few bags.
I often show your posts to Mrs B and she tells me we are well stocked with bread kit. She's a lurker, she has a log in but never posts. She's the food prepper in our home, I'm useless unless it's canned.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:
Decaff wrote:Good to stock on bread making goodies, I've been doing the same thing at Chez Decaff the last couple of weeks, will get more but need to finish freezing and storing the packs I have first before getting more. Tesco were selling their mixes for 45pence plus 3 for 2 so I did stock up rather a few bags.
I often show your posts to Mrs B and she tells me we are well stocked with bread kit. She's a lurker, she has a log in but never posts. She's the food prepper in our home, I'm useless unless it's canned.
Very glad to know posting is helpful :P coooeee to Mrs B x so what is Mrs B currently stocking up on? I'm looking out for tins of goose or duck fat but only seen in cartons so far, also have a few jars of mincemeat (the fruity variety) stashed. Love that you can get nice foody treats at this time of year, tinned ham will be in the bigger tins too! Although I have many already as they sell them off cheaper after the festivities are over. I try to stock up on the goods they want to get rid of at the end of each season, that's where I find the most bargains.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Oops double post
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Decaff wrote:
Briggs 2.0 wrote:
Very glad to know posting is helpful :P coooeee to Mrs B x so what is Mrs B currently stocking up on? I'm looking out for tins of goose or duck fat but only seen in cartons so far, also have a few jars of mincemeat (the fruity variety) stashed. Love that you can get nice foody treats at this time of year, tinned ham will be in the bigger tins too! Although I have many already as they sell them off cheaper after the festivities are over. I try to stock up on the goods they want to get rid of at the end of each season, that's where I find the most bargains.
Decaff, I bought a couple of jars of duck fat in Home Bargains - can't remember price, sorry. I haven't used it before (goose, but not duck) and wanted to give it a shot before I bought more to store. Haven't ever seen tins, sorry.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Thanks Feisty, jars will be good too, only seen in the plastic tubs locally which isn't great for storage.

I have a busy day tomorrow I think, B&Q, Wilko, Home Bargains and Poundland!! :)
bikerjoe83

Post by bikerjoe83 »

Today I've bought a couple of value tins of veg, Ready Brek, veg stock cubes and ready made formula milk - for food stores. Antiseptic soap, spare toothbrushes and plastic toothbrush cases, sealable wash bags, antacids and disposable razors (half price) - for the first aid/hygiene box. Paper plates and fragranced nappy bags - for the general crap stores.

My feeling is that Ready Brek is easier to make than plain oats, you just heat milk.

Bear in mind I'm only storing for a bug in at the moment. I get shivers when I think about everything we'd 'want' for a bug out bag, with our 15 month old daughter. I need to get a list going of everything I can quickly grab from the stores in the event of a bug out.
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

my tactical vest got delivered today :) well impressed and had a fun afternoon assigning kit to my small grab bag, the tac vest and another pile for burgin for when that arrives and then a final pile for car / bike pannier bags. I was quiet amassed at how much I have managed to fit in, Cant wait till the 60l patrol pack gets delivered and I can properly pack the bug out bag.
Area 9
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Went to Aldi today and bought 3 more of the LED work lights along with more tinned veg, fruit pie filling, sponge puddings, a torch & headlight set, cold and flu capsules, toothbrushes, toothpaste, meatballs, chicken in white sauce, steak chunks, nuttella, fruity mincemeat and some thermal vests.

Also went to B&Q and bought 8 of the pillar candles, they didn't have any of the tea lights left so will pop to Wilko after the dentist tomorrow. Home bargains will be on Friday for goose or duck fat in jars as my migraine of 2 days and counting got too much to deal with and felt really sick. :cry: