Hello all, new to prepping

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Rolo81

Hello all, new to prepping

Post by Rolo81 »

Hi all,

I have been keen to set up plans regarding "what if" for a long time, I have a wife and three sons, 18, 16 and 10, we recently had a little girl who will turn 2 soon, this has given me a wake up call, because the world we live in is so on the brink of, what if... so the planning must start.

I will be looking on-line over the next few months for the best way to prepare, as the saying goes failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Any helpful advise or guidance is very much welcome.

I currently live to the east of Nottingham, good local knowledge, so have a few places in mind and need to scout out as points of interest for "what if" scenarios.

Merry Christmas all :)
unsure

Re: Hello all, new to prepping

Post by unsure »

hello and welcome . looks like your heading in the right direction .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Hi and welcome,
There's plenty on UKP to get you heading in the right personal direction, enjoy.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
M4rc8531

Post by M4rc8531 »

Rolo, id prob say get loads of freeze dried stuff like not poodles and stock up, also get plenty of plastic bags, when the rivers dry up and taps stop dripping you'll have to make solar stills etc for water and they dont harvest much water. Also plenty of cups/canteens. I personally work on the basis of 2 is 1 and 1 is none
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Rolo81

Post by Rolo81 »

Thanks for the replies guys, and my eldest will love the idea of stocking up on pot noodles...
although it might be a weekly task on replacing them the way he can get through them.
Plastic bags, great simple idea, oh I have much to learn :)

:D
M4rc8531

Post by M4rc8531 »

Rolo if you want some ideas then look on YouTube especially some of the ex military stuff.

Also STAY AWAY from the three C's : Cheap Chinese Crap!! Yeah a £1 ferro rod from Hong Kong sounds the dogs battle axe but will it actually work lol,
Some of the pound land crap is decent, but good website i've found is survival depot,
cat72uk

Post by cat72uk »

hello and welcome :D
i am a starter prepper and this forum is great