key ring torch

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Jimski

Re: key ring torch

Post by Jimski »

Thrunite Ti3 - £12.95, 120 Lumens, Single AAA Battery! Reliable, solid and good reviews! Its also tiny!

I've had the cheap Ultrafire offerings and the Inova Microlight, Thrunite are my new favourite brand, also ordered their TN12 @ 1000 lumens.....winner!
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

1000 lumes??? That is gonna be like a mini searchlight, when i put my Fenix on full, it is amazing how much light it kicks out, you will be amazed, just watch out for battery life though, on full power mine will flatten the LI-ION batteries in an hour and a half. :o
Up in the wet South Lakeland
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Is it just me or does a stupidly bright torch seem to make the night darker for anyone else ?

Sometimes More is actually Less ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Mmm, maybe, i can see your point, but if i use my Fenix as an example, it has lower power settings for normal use but high power settings when needed, so these type of torches have various levels of power so they can be used in multiple situations.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I like maglites for pocket carry no exposed switch to turn on in your pocket and run flat .. I got one of the led ones (Mrs Andy's not realised yet :twisted:

Will get some pics at some point the light output is very impressive for its size and been AAA batteries they are easy to obtain and Cary a few spairs
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

if its a small keyring light you're after then the LEDLenser K11 is very compact, you'd barely notice it was on their. depends on if it is going to be just a small backup or your main go-to edc torch I guess. I have the K11 as a neck carry but also have the Aviator dual light in my EDC bag for any tasks that require a bit of light for longer than a minute or so.