Door Stops

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
alwayscross

Door Stops

Post by alwayscross »

Stupid idea I know but it might actually be helpful, trust me. The other day for stupid reasons a couple of friends were chasing me around the house, while be chased I ran into the room. I then kicked a door stop under the door, it then took them twenty minutes to get into the room. So basically I think it could be helpful as part of your SHTF equipment, whether your on the run or setting up base. If someone was trying to get into the room your sleeping in, it could by you a lot of time. It stops you having to barricade with heavy furniture and junk, then you don't have to spend time and making all the noise removing all it. Like I said stupid idea, but it did save me time birthday beats.
Morality is doing what's right, no matter what your told. Religion is doing what your told, no matter what is right.
Wingfoot

Re: Door Stops

Post by Wingfoot »

I have a couple of these, if im staying away from home in hotels I always take one with me, they hardly weigh anything.

It may seem like overkill but I have previously been robbed while asleep in my hotel room while abroad & I dont intend for it to happen again. :D

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/swann-doorsto ... tAod3mMACA
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

In the absence of a door stop some clothes behind the door do similar. i used to keep my elder brother out of my room when I was younger, saved me from a few beatings.
alwayscross

Post by alwayscross »

Nice to know im not completely insane, that alarmed door stop is a great idea.
Morality is doing what's right, no matter what your told. Religion is doing what your told, no matter what is right.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Wingfoot wrote:I have a couple of these, if im staying away from home in hotels I always take one with me, they hardly weigh anything.

It may seem like overkill but I have previously been robbed while asleep in my hotel room while abroad & I dont intend for it to happen again. :D

I read your first line and thought "what the fu...???"

Then read your second line and realised where you're coming from. I've used wedges of cardboard to make a doorstop in the past, thinking about 'doorsteps' as a principle is worth consideration, even to stop birthday 'bumps'.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Wingfoot wrote:I have a couple of these, if im staying away from home in hotels I always take one with me, they hardly weigh anything.

Very good idea, could be used as a cheap door alarm at home as well .. :D
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Not something I'd thought of but a really good idea. My bedroom door sticks a little and I was going to fix it but don't think I will now, nor will I bother oiling the sitting room door which squeaks when opened. Nor would I have thought of packing a door stop on holiday, great idea too, thanks.
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

We used to stop in a motel on the way through France and besides the kettle, toaster and food we used one of those alarm wedges.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
GinaCampbell

Post by GinaCampbell »

I have one of those alarmed doorstops. I use it so I can leave the door open slightly for the cat to go in and out. Very loud alarm.
GinaCampbell

Post by GinaCampbell »

I actually got my doorstop for £2.99 from lidl