Foundation course

filsgreen

Re: Foundation course

Post by filsgreen »

Thanks for the heads up Mendologist.
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

filsgreen wrote:Hi Wingfoot. How did you go on with the practical side of the exam? Was the theory side of it explained so that you could do the practical test without being physically shown how to do it?

Phil

Hi Phil

The essex ham course has links to helpful videos that demonstrate much of what you will need to do for the practical assessments, I have also been looking on youtube which is a mine of information, I start the course for real at my club next week, so I will let you know how it goes.

Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
filsgreen

Post by filsgreen »

Thanks wingfoot; I'll check it out tomorrow. I've been preoccupied with the TV program entitled "Survivors" from 1975. It's on YouTube and I'm finding it really interesting. I look forward to your reports; I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Phil
The-Mendologist

Post by The-Mendologist »

FYI, three yougnsters at the club passed their foundation exam this morning, if they can you can too :D

The youngest was 12.
filsgreen

Post by filsgreen »

Thank you for your vote of confidence M.
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Well, its been the first evening on the foundation course tonight, there are seven of us now well on the way towards our exam date in just a few short weeks time. :D

Once the introductions were out of the way we got straight into it & its been a really good evening, ive now got some more reading material & im looking forward to next Tuesday.

:D

Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
harlow prepper

Post by harlow prepper »

hi I started the foundation licence course last night at Danbury Essex and it seems well lad back
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Harlow Prepper would you pleas post an introduction in new members start here please. The foundation course is not to be feared it is straight forward and designed to allow you to get a licence.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
filsgreen

Post by filsgreen »

Just got my course dates Wingfoot, the first two weekends in November, that give me plenty of time to read the Foundation now Book and do the Essex Ham course on line. As Hamradioop has mentioned it probably is easy, but there is no harm reading up prior to the event. Thanks for your feedback Harlow Prepper and welcome to the forum.

Phil
The-Mendologist

Post by The-Mendologist »

filsgreen wrote:Just got my course dates Wingfoot, the first two weekends in November, that give me plenty of time to read the Foundation now Book and do the Essex Ham course on line. As Hamradioop has mentioned it probably is easy, but there is no harm reading up prior to the event. Thanks for your feedback Harlow Prepper and welcome to the forum.

Phil
The only advice i can pass to you is, read and understand the licence conditions and format as well as the secondary identifiers around the UK and also the suffixes after the callsign.
Many peeps get most of them wrong.

All you have to do is STUDY STUDY STUDY and you can't go wrong.

All of the questions will be in a multiple choice format.