The Humble HOB.

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Brambles

The Humble HOB.

Post by Brambles »

The Humble HOB.

There's been a few posts recently on BOBs, well not for one minute do I believe I will ever have need to ROTTW and my camping gear stays firmly in the shed ready for my holidays.
I do however, believe in being prepared. To this end, I have a HOB (Hotel Bag) (Cheers jansman for naming it!). The only type of circumstance I can see forcing me to leave my home would be a weather incident, fire or an evacuation of some sort.

So what's in the bag? Well, firstly, it's not a tacticool bag, it's a small suitcase on wheels.

The contents are:
Map book
List of Cat friendly hotels/B&B's @ 10, 20, 50 mile radius of home.
Bus/rail Timetable.
A couple of changes of clothes, contents rotated out with the seasons
Hard copies of important documents.
A couple of flashdrives with copies of everything on my computer and paperwork.
An old mobile phone(with credit) and charger.
World Band Radio.
Weeks' worth of regular medications
Small FAK
Torch
£100 cash (£80 notes,£10 £1 coins, £5 50p coins, £2.50 20p coins,£2.50 10p coins
Credit card
Seige Parcel containing; Packet Dutch Crispbreads, couple mini jars jam, box spready cheese, 2 pkts microwave rice, 4 sachets Heinz squeezy soup, 2 John West Light Lunches, 2 pouches John West Tuna, Bar chocolate, Pkt Biscuits.
Couple of Sporks
Tube travel clothes washing Liquid.
Toiletries.
For the Cat.
3 pouches Cat food
700g pouch Kittie Kibble
Bag Cat litter.
Couple of toys.

Forgot the nomad battery charger and 4 each AAA and AA rechargeable batteries.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
featherstick

Re: The Humble HOB.

Post by featherstick »

Now this is good thinking, I like it.
jansman

Post by jansman »

That is spot on Brambles! I do like the idea of a list of pet friendly hotels. Never considered that one :oops: we will get onto that.

Great topic. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yay! That's very like what I have, except I don't have a cat any more :( I keep the charger for my phone and kindle in there, and I put my purse in there each night (in case of fire overnight). A little carabiniere clip thing holds a windproof poncho onto it. If I had to get out, there's a Best Western 15 minutes walk away :) 15 minutes on the train, in either direction, and I'd have dozens of hotels to call on :)

Mine's not tacticool either, it's a laptop bag :mrgreen: though if there was less urgency than a housefire, I *would* get my trolley luggage.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've not got a BOB or anything like that, I've probably got all the stuff on the lists people like to compile. To my shame I've still not (well got Her Maj to) got all the copies of our documents and that scanned and saved on flash drives etc. I do see your HOB (like it) as more useful than a bag full of knives etc in 99% of disasters, I can see Her Maj being more up for something like this. Nice one Brambles.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

Don't know about cats, but I keep a list of Best Western hotels as they are dog friendly and all over the place. (No affiliation with them) http://www.petsallowed.co.uk Also worth a look.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
Nate66

Post by Nate66 »

Brambles wrote:The Humble HOB.

There's been a few posts recently on BOBs, well not for one minute do I believe I will ever have need to ROTTW and my camping gear stays firmly in the shed ready for my holidays.
I do however, believe in being prepared. To this end, I have a HOB (Hotel Bag) (Cheers jansman for naming it!). The only type of circumstance I can see forcing me to leave my home would be a weather incident, fire or an evacuation of some sort.

So what's in the bag? Well, firstly, it's not a tacticool bag, it's a small suitcase on wheels.

The contents are:
Map book
List of Cat friendly hotels/B&B's @ 10, 20, 50 mile radius of home.
Bus/rail Timetable.
A couple of changes of clothes, contents rotated out with the seasons
Hard copies of important documents.
A couple of flashdrives with copies of everything on my computer and paperwork.
An old mobile phone(with credit) and charger.
World Band Radio.
Weeks' worth of regular medications
Small FAK
Torch
£100 cash (£80 notes,£10 £1 coins, £5 50p coins, £2.50 20p coins,£2.50 10p coins
Credit card
Seige Parcel containing; Packet Dutch Crispbreads, couple mini jars jam, box spready cheese, 2 pkts microwave rice, 4 sachets Heinz squeezy soup, 2 John West Light Lunches, 2 pouches John West Tuna, Bar chocolate, Pkt Biscuits.
Couple of Sporks
Tube travel clothes washing Liquid.
Toiletries.
For the Cat.
3 pouches Cat food
700g pouch Kittie Kibble
Bag Cat litter.
Couple of toys.

Forgot the nomad battery charger and 4 each AAA and AA rechargeable batteries.
How in the hell do you have £2.50 in 20p coins? LOL!!
Nate66
Area 4

If you are having a bad day, choke the living shit out of the person causing it!
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

Ooh, I like this. Did not think of adding a radio, nice one.
Hasty
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Nate66 wrote:
How in the hell do you have £2.50 in 20p coins? LOL!!
Might be £2.40, might be £2.60 or maybe it's magic.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon