First Post

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
101er

First Post

Post by 101er »

Hello to all the preppers out there.... I was motivated to find this forum having just listened to a most interesting Mysterious Universe podcast about prepping. In terms of experience, some years ago after reading 'Walden' I lived off grid in a bender for 3 years, bit of foraging, eating roadkill etc. A fantastic experience. Although I picked up some bushcraft and feel quite comfortable out in the wild I now live in the city. Would like to start exploring urban survival as I am defo out of my comfort zone here. I am in the process of building up a bug out vehicle. This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with having just watched 4 seasons of 'The Walking Dead' in 3 days. Anyhoo, looking forward to gleaning lots of useful knowledge.....
hobo

Re: First Post

Post by hobo »

Hello and welcome.
You'll find there are lots of reasons and scenarios we prep for here. Over the time I've been prepping I've gone from H5N1 to a belief that we're in a slow economic collapse. I'd probably be looking at bugging in and am currently developing local friendships with like minds (with a view to mutual support).
Look forward to hearing more from you!
tigs

Post by tigs »

Welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome! That sounds like you've had some unusual experiences! How did you manage to find a place for a bender, were you moved on at all? From what contact I've had with rough sleepers, there seems to be a trade-off between rural and urban, like with all of us.
Lanky Yankee

Post by Lanky Yankee »

Welcome.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.