Vaseline pocket sized tins...?

How are you preparing
Captain Darling

Re: Vaseline pocket sized tins...?

Post by Captain Darling »

Dead letter boxes. Write a note on a little bit of paper inside then glue/magnetic/Velcro it in, on or around the letter box itself.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
pitchshifter

Post by pitchshifter »

Decant stuff from bigger vessels for easy carrying? My first thought here is to decant coconut oil from a bigger jar that's kept in the kitchen cupboard for cooking, as I use a similar small pot to carry coconut oil around for it's myriad of uses.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Pill box.

SD cards.

Spare change or a small money stash.

Vaseline....
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Another little thought for them, could coil up a phone charging cable, should fit, would be nicely protected and stop it tangling, same would go for headphones if you have the small in ear ones.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
munchh

Post by munchh »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11001&hilit=+crusader

how about little meths burners, like the one i made on this link, you can either coil glass fibre rope in it or use a piece of carbon fire cloth?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I used to use something similar for sun tan cream (sunscreen) the big bottles are akward to carry around if you've got kit you don't want covered in the stuff (seems to get everywhere with me) Carrying a bit of soap and a cut down toothbrush? Small fishing kit?
ClericalError

Post by ClericalError »

I've used them to carry a couple of pills for a day or an overnight.

This _may_ be helpful to someone: I've also used them for painting (fine art/hobby, not walls!). If you put leftover oil paint from your palette after painting on location or in a class, they will keep enough air out to transport leftover colour home or keep it overnight without drying out. You can transport small amounts of liquid in them (linseed oil, turps etc) if you can seal the edges and keep them mostly upright. OK, it's not a very prepper need, but perhaps you could use it to prove to someone else that these things do come in handy?!

Or maybe a couple of needles, thread and buttons for repairs or for a craft-y person to take on a trip?
TheWolfXX

Post by TheWolfXX »

You guys are an awesome resource :D

Loads of ideas for me to try now I think I'm getting better once the garden is weeded anyhow.
Sun Tzu - "[01.19] Many calculations mean victory; few calculations mean no victory; then how much worse when there are no calculations? From this perspective I can clearly predict victory or defeat."
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Your half way to a fire lighting kit, but the tin in a small zip lock bag, add some dry cotton wool balls and a bic lighter. When needed add a dab of Vaseline to a cotton wool ball, fold dry cotton wool over the Vaseline and light with the bic.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Oh just thought, use a tin for making charcloth, that'll light with a spark then.