New member of the UK-Preppers family.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
JonnyRambo

New member of the UK-Preppers family.

Post by JonnyRambo »

Hi all!

Relativity new to prepping here. I've read through the forums a lot but whenever I tried to register I was told I was using a banned IP address. Anyway, I'm here now.

About me - I would say I'm more of a general prepper, in the sense that I'm not planning for anything specific, just making sure I have provisions in place to make my life more comfortable if anything happened - along with making up a BOB for if the SHTF. I do have a toddler so the reason for my BOB is twofold, 1 for SHTF scenarios where I'd have to up and leave, and 2, I want to start taking him camping so most the stuff in there I would probably use anyway (well maybe not all of the gadgets ;)). I'll post the contents for critique in the relevant place later.

I have a Costco card so bulk buy tins and stuff from there, but, admittedly I don't have a stockpile of water as of yet. Although, I do have a few ways to filter it and have a large reservoir 2 minutes from my house.

I live in an urban area of Hertfordshire but actually I'm only a one minute walk from miles and miles of non stop fields, hills and woodland. I'm ex British army (infantry), so have some valuable survival skills for if I ever had to bug out and live in the sticks for a few days or more.

Thank you for letting me join the secret covenant and I look forward to sharing and learning with you all.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: New member of the UK-Preppers family.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome :)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Lanky Yankee

Post by Lanky Yankee »

Welcome
tigs

Post by tigs »

Welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8