What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
Trojanhorse

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by Trojanhorse »

Today filled the car up.

Tomorrow check out approved food and stock up on cold and flu tablets etc as used a few last week when I had the c-19.

I am trying to avoid buying another Arktis Jacket I saw on ebay :(
Trappa

Post by Trappa »

Got a fire starter steel delivered yesterday. Filled both my vans with diesel.
Feel like I’m quite well prepared, got food, water filter, coal and timber, medicines.
My ‘weak link’ is a bomb shelter type area :|
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Just had my supermarket delivery, all of it there except a few pots of jam, and hey ho, I really don't care about the jam! That delivery was the impetus to get my dehydrator going again, I've done 2kg mixed veg, got 1.5kg carrots going at the moment, and I've got 2kg of carrots and sweetcorn defrosting to be done tomorrow.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Filled two petrol cans for the chainsaws today - before it hits £2 litre :lol: - as I am like a squirrel on speed right now. Mrs J said yesterday, that all I seem to do in my free time is to cut firewood ( I do go fishing too :D ). I told her that when Mr Putin turns off the gas- and he will ; it’ll hurt more than a Nuke! :lol: We won’t be cold, I can tell you.

Mrs J told me to ramp up the vegetable growing too. She never questions what I grow , and asked me if I need to stash more poultry and rabbit concentrate. My wife is a prepper for sure. What a woman!

Forget Nukes, we need to worry about economic collapse.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

That's the battery stash organised good old Amazon...

Not got many c cells only got one torch that uses them....

Likewise 9v even the smoke alarms are now AA
IMG_20220302_193121_528.jpg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:02 pm Forget Nukes, we need to worry about economic collapse.
Definitely! I'm temporarily financially embarrassed though. AKA skint until next week :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:17 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:02 pm Forget Nukes, we need to worry about economic collapse.
Definitely! I'm temporarily financially embarrassed though. AKA skint until next week :mrgreen:
Money is tight for most folks Lil.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Well I have just sent a surprise package to my daughter who came down south to visit this weekend. It's a prep for her :D She was going to take back a spare baking tin of mine back up when she went, so I have filled it with some store cupboard baking stuff and put it in a box to send up to her. I have also just bought an additional small Coleman battery lantern, so I ended up making her a tiny power cut kit out of the box that my bigger Coleman torch lantern came in, stuffing in the smaller torch, some spare batteries, a couple of long burn tea light candles, matches, pack of paracetamol, mini pack of hankys with a sticker on the top instructing her to add chocolate :lol:
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Appin

Post by Appin »

Indirect prep but one that actually alarmed me. I have an older brother who lives in London. He has no prepping inclinations and happily lives in London.

We got talking about the current situation and the risks we face. I pointed out his flat was all electirc so if there was a power cut he would not even be able to make a cup of tea. Also what lights did he have and was his water supply pumped? He had not thought of the possibility that a simple power cut let alone one form a cyberattack might leave him with no water or way to heat anything.

The upshot was that he accepted a gas camping stove as a gift and a battery powered lantern.

When we last spoke he was planning stash of bottled water.

Small steps but I will sleep a bit better knowing he has some preps.

How did this alarm me? Well if he is worried by what is going on then it must really be getting really scary.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:17 pm
Aw Lil! I like the cheery green face! You're keeping your chin up, as they used to say back in the day 8-)