Next shopping list

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

Next shopping list

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Stood at work pondering whilst I've got 5 minutes of respite

Next items on my shopping list

New key chain torch for the car keys the little led lenser has dropped to bits ...

Looking at either the olight i1r or the trustfire equivalent..

And a pocket edc torch of some kind preferably one that won't turn itself on in my pocket and melt my trousers ....

Pump up hose lock shower

on the mentality that if I get home from Work and there's no electric / hot water I can boil some up cool to taste and get clean 7l will be enough it's not like I've got much hair to wash...... Wet down soap up rinse and dry ....

Wool socks (my standard winter go to)

Another hot water bottle

And some more bio ethanol....

And a big shop of shelf stables ... Mrs a has hit the community supermarket 10kg of pasta a few jars and tins and a big bottle of shampoo for under a tenner using her cripple discount as we call it (blue badge / people on dla and similar get a good discount) iirc a 5kg sack was £2.50
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Re: Next shopping list

Post by Frnc »

These are good, if you can find one, have to twist to turn on
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CS8LYVU/
Cost me a tenner, bit steep but they are good in my opinion, considering the size is barely bigger than the AAA battery inside.

This looks to be the same https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W4PPBXP/
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today I picked up more fowl and rabbit feed,along with a bale of straw. Animal feed doesn’t last forever, so I like three months minimum,but that’s the limit. In a crisis,it could be rationed and alternatives incorporated.

When in B and M ,I got four tins of corned beef @ 2.25 apiece. All adds to the pantry. Picked up more AA and AAA batteries too.Got to get some more work boots too. Just started wearing a new pair,and I like back up. I’ll probably get two pairs.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:28 pm When in B and M ,I got four tins of corned beef @ 2.25 apiece. All adds to the pantry. Picked up more AA and AAA batteries too.Got to get some more work boots too. Just started wearing a new pair,and I like back up. I’ll probably get two pairs.
Jansman, did you notice...
Something strange in my local B&M... They used to have a couple of end shelves full of batteries, a mix of brands. But today, they've been replaced by ONLY Duracells, many at £5 per pack. The shelves were co-branded Duracell & B&M. Maybe just this one branch, or a short term thing?

I wonder if they've entered some sort of exclusivity deal and discarded the low profit Panasonics , Ever Readys and others?
Online they only list panasonic and Duracell https://www.bmstores.co.uk/search?hitsP ... =batteries

I'll be checking out another B&M this week. Maybe a symptom of battery prices subtly on the move. Battery manufacturers are beggars for shrinkflating their products, reducing the product capacity and then introducing the next mega-Xtra-Ultra-Super-duper version which is as good as the older pre-shrinkflation product
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:39 pm
jansman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:28 pm When in B and M ,I got four tins of corned beef @ 2.25 apiece. All adds to the pantry. Picked up more AA and AAA batteries too.Got to get some more work boots too. Just started wearing a new pair,and I like back up. I’ll probably get two pairs.
Jansman, did you notice...
Something strange in my local B&M... They used to have a couple of end shelves full of batteries, a mix of brands. But today, they've been replaced by ONLY Duracells, many at £5 per pack. The shelves were co-branded Duracell & B&M. Maybe just this one branch, or a short term thing?

I wonder if they've entered some sort of exclusivity deal and discarded the low profit Panasonics , Ever Readys and others?
Online they only list panasonic and Duracell https://www.bmstores.co.uk/search?hitsP ... =batteries

I'll be checking out another B&M this week. Maybe a symptom of battery prices subtly on the move. Battery manufacturers are beggars for shrinkflating their products, reducing the product capacity and then introducing the next mega-Xtra-Ultra-Super-duper version which is as good as the older pre-shrinkflation product
I moved across one end isle and found the Panasonic ones. I did notice the change you saw too.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Ours has been like that for months.. Duracell by the tills and Panasonic on a hanging rack at the end of the toy isle...

D cell Duracell are ok ISH for £2 a pack

I'm not a fan of Panasonic they don't seem to last long unless I got a bad pack of 24 or so a few years back I have them to the mother in law.. them I'd rather buy lidls own or energiser .. lids 8aa /AAA are now £1.99 a pack gone up from £1.69 ...

Lidl have 12 energiser for £3.99 at the moment by the till

jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:54 pm Ours has been like that for months.. Duracell by the tills and Panasonic on a hanging rack at the end of the toy isle...

I'm not a fan of Panasonic they don't seem to last long unless I got a bad pack of 24 or so a few years back I have them to the mother in law.. them I'd rather buy lidls own or energiser .. lids 8aa /AAA are now £1.99 a pack gone up from £1.69 ...

I take batteries at a cheap price. Everything powered by them is LED . Less juice needed. I will also give them away when needed ,families especially. Of course , I have rechargeable ones too.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:17 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:54 pm Ours has been like that for months.. Duracell by the tills and Panasonic on a hanging rack at the end of the toy isle...

I take batteries at a cheap price. Everything powered by them is LED . Less juice needed. I will also give them away when needed ,families especially. Of course , I have rechargeable ones too.

Think I've got more than b&m now :lol:

They get used... Kids / toys I was greeted tonight by little man thrusting a toy camera , ambulance and a train all requiring batteries :lol:

B"m the other month we're selling off energiser I cleared the shelf at £2.50 a pack

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:54 pm I'd rather buy lidls own or energiser .. lids 8aa /AAA are now £1.99 a pack gone up from £1.69 ...

Lidl Aerocell are made by Varta.
For rechargeables, I rave over IKEA LADDA 2450s @ £7 for 4 which are actually AA eneloop Pro's.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:54 pm I'd rather buy lidls own or energiser .. lids 8aa /AAA are now £1.99 a pack gone up from £1.69 ...

Lidl Aerocell are made by Varta.
For rechargeables, I rave over IKEA LADDA 2450s @ £7 for 4 which are actually AA eneloop Pro's.
Looks like you can only buy them if you buy a charger. Seems odd.