Respirators and gas masks

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Respirators and gas masks

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

steptoe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:16 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:10 am Must admit I like the trend Stealth , I work in the timber trade obviously trend make cutting tools and strangely Screwfix during the great COVID panic had lots on stock but they didn't appear if you searched for mask/ p3/ respirator.....

I find them more comfortable than the eclipse p3 if a bit bulkier thewl downward exhaust vent means it doesn't fog my glasses / welding mask either
Hi Andy ok i have full chemical and biological gask masks and many filters but i just seen the fire mask you recommend , the wife and i are disabled and we do have an escape plan in place hence fire extingiushers in the bedrooms and on the landing so i can try and beat back a fire long enolugh for us to get to the back bedroom and out the window on to the kitchen roof then the garage roof then down ,it is an old style 1930 house where they put a kitchen on the back in the 60's you know the typei am sure but back to the mask those look a blooming good idea for us it would mean if the smoke was heavy at leasts for the wife as she has asthma i could then be sure no smoke in her lungs and as i say out the back window it can come off , have you tested these at all or is that just one you know of or is there a brand you know are good

Lol hey i think we could start a page "LISTEN WITH ANDY" lol i know but i am grateful people share their knowledge here free , i can say i will be doing a test of bio ethanol fire just a small one to see if it is a viable idea for if we lose heating put the flame is fully closed in but i hope it gives off plenty of heat , we have many heaters that are flkame drivern shall i say so pays to have fire fighting kit in case

has anyone tried these masks
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403704445471 ... R4aU1ebIYQ

i do prefer the s10 but also looking at getting a couple of full face for the better field of view

I've got a couple of them not sure how good they are but factored that they are going to be better than a bit of cloth / a t-shirt over the mouth and nose in a fire the eyes get some protection from acrid smoke ..

https://youtu.be/NyseJZm-ohY

Plan in to don mask

Secure an exit then take spare mask evacuate each child individually or get them into our room then down the ladder
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine