HHO Genorator

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
pietka

HHO Genorator

Post by pietka »

ive been studying youtube and found out how to seperate water into H2 and O and i made a prototupe in mintes using a penut butter jar and a handful of bolts and it works! i'm planning to make a bigger one soon and i have Three ideas for this

1 - put a cell in my car to increase my MPG

2 - run my lil old genorator to see if i can run produce electricity from it!

3 - produce a burner for the shed
Ian

Re: HHO Genorator

Post by Ian »

How do you generate and supply the energy needed to dissociate the water to gas in the first place?
pietka

Post by pietka »

Good question i'm experimenting at the moment! more solar panels lol! i figure that burning the gas would heat or cook more efficiently than using the electricity that i generate from the panels! plus in the car the alternater will produce the power to run the small HHo generator! not taking more than 3 Amps which is the equivelent of your car stereo!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Water does not run uphill.

I love perpetual motion machines and have built a few to understand the principals involved, I hope someday someone will crack it but I doubt it profoundly.

Your machines won't work but you can have a lot of fun trying and learning. Every change in the form of energy involves losses. Every transmission of energy involves losses.

Sun to electricity, loss. Electricity to gas, loss. Gas to heat, loss. What comes out the end is less than what goes in but it may be in a more concentrated, usable form. Cooking with the sun is difficult at night but your generated, stored gas will work, much more convenient, just keep the Hydrogen and Oxygen apart or else it goes bang instead of burning.
StephenLee

Post by StephenLee »

Hi Mate,

Ian is right I am afraid, this is an absolute non-starter for use in an internal combustion engine. The energy required to split the water into HHO exceeds that energy that it makes available by a large margin. Even if your car engine or generator worked at 100% efficiency rather than 20-30% you are still on a hiding to nothing.

I can post the maths if it would be useful.

However, as Ian says, things like this are a lot of fun.

Stephen
pietka

HHO Genorator

Post by pietka »

Waiting for materials for mk 3 which will be a drycell run mk 2 wetcell for a month and increased mpg from around 36 to 39! It kinda works in my eyes cos I have never seen 39 before on my trip computer!
StephenLee

Post by StephenLee »

Hi Pietka,

I think that what you are observing is the result of psychological factors rather than any breakdown in the laws of physics. What I mean by this is that with the HHO generator fitted to your vehicle, you will drive in a more mindful way to see if you can discern any difference in performance either positive or negative. I am exactly the same after doing a service on my car or bike or have done some engine repair work. For a while I am super sensitive just in case anything is amiss. A natural spin off of this is that you will drive in a more economical manner, albeit unconsciously which will improve your mpg.

If you were able to drive in exactly the same manner with and without the HHO generator engaged you will notice a worsening of MPG with the generator working as the additional load on the alternator to drive the HHO generator exceeds that extra energy from the inclusion of the resultant HHO in the combustion process. You 'new' driving style is masking this deterioration.

If you were able to continue the 'new' driving style with the HHO generator switched off, your should enjoy even better MPG than 39.

I seem to remember those two idiots on Myth-busters proving that a car can run on hydrogen but they used H2 from a pressurised (welding) type bottle.

I honestly am not trying to rain on your bonfire but physics is physics.

Stephen
pietka

Post by pietka »

no load on altenater just a 12v 7AH lead acid battery charged from my solar panel every week! =)

Did see the mythbusters eppisode! it was way beyond what i'm trying the setup I have at the moment is 5 4" square plates think its 3 Neg 2 Pos drawing 3-4 Amps producing hho but have not tested volume on this model!

I have researched competant installers in the UK and offering 25 - 45% increase in mpg cant just be the concious effects of knowing you have a device under the bonnet!
StephenLee

Post by StephenLee »

pietka wrote:no load on altenater just a 12v 7AH lead acid battery charged from my solar panel every week! =)

Did see the mythbusters eppisode! it was way beyond what i'm trying the setup I have at the moment is 5 4" square plates think its 3 Neg 2 Pos drawing 3-4 Amps producing hho but have not tested volume on this model!

I have researched competant installers in the UK and offering 25 - 45% increase in mpg cant just be the concious effects of knowing you have a device under the bonnet!
Oh ! - So do you have two batteries in the vehicle ? The normal car battery plus the one for the HHO generator ?
pietka

Post by pietka »

Yarp 12V 7AH prolly 1.5 -2 kilos havent tried 24V i might have a play tomorrow!