National Health spectacles, on Pension Credit...FREE! :lol:
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by diamond lil »

When you come off pension credit onto pension, you get nowt :evil:
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Waiting patiently (LOL) for my Turbo 500 distiller to arrive.
Also learned how to fit flat bands to the black widow catapult.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

My eye sight is something I'm very great full for especially because of my hobbies (shooting and photography) but I Think in the next 2-5 years I will have to get glasses. Been slightly dodgy since I got petrol in one eye, and then later an air rifle pellet in the same eye in my youth... :lol:
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

diamond lil wrote:When you come off pension credit onto pension, you get nowt :evil:
i'm assuming you mean private pension not state pension? in my case my state pension (due next april) will be topped up by Pension Credit, so nay difference. if you go to Specsavers you get 25% off for over 60's!
Chef

Post by Chef »

nickdutch wrote:Waiting patiently (LOL) for my Turbo 500 distiller to arrive...
Did you get it from here?

http://www.wineworks.co.uk/product/turbo-500/

Got some nice presses for fruit.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Had the day off so I have spent about 2 hours making different traps and snares! Really good fun setting them off with sticks :lol:
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

bulldogeagle wrote:
diamond lil wrote:When you come off pension credit onto pension, you get nowt :evil:
i'm assuming you mean private pension not state pension? in my case my state pension (due next april) will be topped up by Pension Credit, so nay difference. if you go to Specsavers you get 25% off for over 60's!
Glasses direct approx £60 (including delivery) for 2 pairs ..... ! you can even get frames sent out free for you to try! no petrol and no hassle (it might suit our outlying preppers for convenience as well) I have used 3x and always had great experiences.
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

Went to the pound shop and got 6 big tubes of colgate reduced to 75p each because the boxes were lost... except the checkout chick couldn't get them through at 75p and I got them for 50p - I'm irrationally chuffed by this!

I also got some candles for last stop emergency and a couple of foil blankets - these weren't reduced and I had to pay a full sterling pound for each pack! Scandal......
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

Purchased a medical grade mercury oral thermometer.

During my recent illness I ran a pretty high fever. For some un-accountable reason I never thought to purchase a thermometer for my first aid kit and the old digital one in our junk drawer had no battery left. I resolved there and then to sort this issue out once my health improved.

BTW: non digital thermometers are pretty hard to find. Digital ones are everywhere. Mercury ones (spirit is the alternative) are especially rare now as the government gets all antsy about the mercury health and safety if they break.

Found a guy on ebay flogging them off dead cheap - around a pound each. Top quality, well worth it IMHO.