preppingsu

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by preppingsu »

metatron wrote:Finished putting together my mobile comm's pack
What's in it metatron?
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Wolfpup there are some in Manchester too, run by Jesper Launder http://www.jesperlaunder.com/
I'm trying to get funding for him to run a six week introduction to herbal medicine course in my area, which would include a foraging walk. If that goes ahead it will be for local residents only, but if you fancy going on one of his other walks we could have a chat about it?
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Eyeing up a Maxpedition Mini EDC Organiser. In two minds about it though. If I still like the idea come payday I'll go for it.

Went out on my bike to try out a bug out route to somewhere I think could be a possible BOL / stopover point. Didn't make it because about a mile or two away from it, I was ticked off by a well meaning old biddy for not wearing a neon tabard! I was really tired, had already got lost twice, was sick to death of hills and that was the final straw. I tried to keep going, but I got so grumpy at the next (bloody) hill that I went home again. That's a bug out route which may not be for me. :lol: Back to the maps I think.

Upside though, I got some exercise, saw the sun, discovered that London has far more green spaces than I thought and I've seen a bit more of my local area than the little bubble that I live in.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Bottled first batch of gooseberries.
Practiced cooking in the clay oven again.
Bought my first fire steel and used it to light the clay oven- need a bit more practice though! :roll:
Although I steer away from chemical usage on my garden I have succumbed and been overly liberal with the slug pellets to protect what little growth I do have! Kill the buggers is my mantra!!! :lol:
Malamute Mitch

Post by Malamute Mitch »

:D And let him/her up above whom ever she/he maybe sort them out :D

Good way to practice with firesteel,
Take a piece of toilet paper tease the fibres around the edge apart and gently holding the center squeeze from outside so it ends looking like a fluffy flower. :oops:

Place on non flammable surface 8-) , place end of steel into middle of flower, being careful not to squish it. You can press down then, supporting the steel on hard surface, aim is to ignite paper :twisted: in less than two firm strikes, ;)

:D Good luck
wolfpup

Post by wolfpup »

smileyt wrote:Wolfpup there are some in Manchester too, run by Jesper Launder http://www.jesperlaunder.com/
I'm trying to get funding for him to run a six week introduction to herbal medicine course in my area, which would include a foraging walk. If that goes ahead it will be for local residents only, but if you fancy going on one of his other walks we could have a chat about it?
Thanks. Just let me know when something comes up.
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

'currently suffering from much skintness (despite working full time in a very well paid job - sign of the times!), so not buying and it's proving good because I'm "back to basics" with my prepping.

Time spent browsing sites for tins and supplies of late is now being used in the greenhouse and the allotment and my plan is to inventory everything that I've been squirreling away properly and set 3, 6, 9 & 12 month targets for my preps and.... wait for it...... have my prepping binder up and running properly by the end of June.
lasttruebreed

Post by lasttruebreed »

updated my hiking/survival diary this week with a few tips from the site and am planning on buying some cannabis seeds to hide at my bol not for smoking, but hemp just has so many uses.
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

Today I am making ginger ale (as long as I have sugar, yeast, clean water, two-liter bottles and flavoring my craving for fizzy drink will always be satisfied even if zombies are at the door). Yesterday I ordered a load of honey from Approved Foods.

Last Saturday I did something that has to do with a fear I have (but didn't use to - it kicked in in my 20s and greatly increased when I had children) - I went on the Ferris wheel at the 3 Counties show!! My youngest daughter, about 2/3 of the way through, said, "Mom, can you hold my other hand now?" :lol:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Today was a "powdered milk, salt and rice day" at Tescos. I'm used to the looks :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.