Hello from Sheffield

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
daylen

Hello from Sheffield

Post by daylen »

I hope you're all enjoying the summer we're having at the moment!

I found my way here via the LSG forum where I've been a member for a few months.

As for a profile of me... I live in Sheffield with my wife and three young kids. I wouldn't describe myself as a survivalist type prepper. I've always had an interest in bushcraft but I'm not preparing for a scenario where I need to go into complete Rambo mode and live off the land totally isolated from anyone else.

I'm much more concerned about economic and or social collapse, caused by any number of issues, leading to higher living costs and lower wages - which we're seeing now already.

My goals are to be prepared to weather things such as needing to feed my family on a reduced wage; ensuring that we can live with an extended power outage or brown-outs or even prices rising to unsustainable levels. I work for myself as an Internet developer and so energy independence is something I'm concerned about. If the electricity goes off, I can't work and so get no money!

I also have a passion for making stuff myself. I feel that our consumer society simply serves to make us dependent on others for everything. I don't like that feeling of our choices being dictated by supermarkets or other corporations.

If there's anything else you want to know about me, just ask!
Rosesandtea

Re: Hello from Sheffield

Post by Rosesandtea »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
junmist

Post by junmist »

hello and welcome
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

Your values sound very similar to mine and my OH's. 'looking forward to seeing your perspective on things!

Hi and welcome :D
Wiganprepper

Post by Wiganprepper »

Hello and welcome!!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello! I'm another newbie, living down south, loving how active this forum is.
preservefreak

Post by preservefreak »

hello and welcome from Sheffield
daylen

Post by daylen »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I do have a noob question though... do I need to do anything special to get my posts live? I made a few posts yesterday and they needed moderating it said. They're not live yet but I guess that's because the mods are busy.

Do I just need to be patient or have I missed something I need to do before I can post?
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

Welcome daylen :)
Bear86

Post by Bear86 »

Welcome, nice to have another Yorkshire-man :D