New member says Hi

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
SilentPartner

New member says Hi

Post by SilentPartner »

Hi, Im new to prepping and decided to start on discussing prepping with some of my friends.
preppingsu

Re: New member says Hi

Post by preppingsu »

Hi silentpartner, welcome to the forum.
We are a nosy bunch and would love to know a little bit more about you, why have you started prepping etc etc
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

Welcome! Pretty friendly bunch on here and therefore a good place to introduce your friends to if they are still unsure of things.
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli
SilentPartner

Post by SilentPartner »

Im interested in prepping because i think that an economic collapse on a global scale is just round the corner. Iv only recently come to realise how likely this is along with a change in my political ideals.

I currently live with my mum (not a prepper) and my brother who holds similar beliefs as myself.
My brother and i have a decent amount of camping gear (bushcraft) and we probably have about a week of food should the shtf.

I think i am going to get started by organising what we have as its a mess just now.

Sorry i did not do much in my op but i was still sleepy. :)
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

Hi and welcome to the forum
SilentPartner wrote:Hi, Im new to prepping and decided to start on discussing prepping with some of my friends.
Be careful. There are good reasons why making others aware of your preps is not a good idea. Be real careful who you tell and what you tell them. Search the forum for the word "OpSec" and you'll get a sense of why.
SilentPartner

Post by SilentPartner »

Hi TwoDo, Yes iv read about OpSec and i agree to keep it quiet but the people i was talking with were preppers too.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome! Just echoing what both the others have said - tell us about you, and don't tell too much to your existing friends about prepping, not at first.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hello and welcome
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

Hello & Welcome!
wolfpup