My first month

How are you preparing
Magenta16v

My first month

Post by Magenta16v »

Well, I have been a member for nearly a month.
So far
I have brought a Crossbow
Other small camping bits ( that's what I tell the wife )
60 cans of food that my family DO eat , baked beans , soups , rice puddings that sort of thing. All branded as luckily all on offer so did not cost too much

Some water , the 5ltr bottles until I can order my 25 ltr cans

Got to start somewhere
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
nickdutch

Re: My first month

Post by nickdutch »

Thats a good start.
IMHO (and it is ONLY MHO) it is wise to work out what you want to prepare for and to stick with that plan. For me, its times without money coming in or power shortages / powercuts in the winter. That's why I have set some alcohol on for the fermentation so that i can distill it and make fuel in case it gets cold and we lose electricity.

"Prepping" has got more then one genre :)

But keep at it!
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

It is a good start, good for you. Have you managed to find time to practise skills? I'm asking because I *haven't*, not this month :oops:
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Well done, am about 2 weeks in and as I am going to have to prep on a budget as I have youngsters already nagging on to me about Xmas am just going to be picking bits and bobs along the way, by adding a cpl of cans into my shopping and searching for deal on usefull equipment that I may need.
TomW

Post by TomW »

That's the way to do it mate :) slow but sure. Like Nick says its worth figuring what youre prepping for. Illness, snow, job loss, nbc incident ( whether thats a spill or an attack), pandemic or zombies. They all have some basic similarities but overall much different requirements. A Geiger counter won't help if you lose your Job but could be essential if your local nuke plant goes in to meltdown lol. This sort of analysis will also give you an idea of quantities. Snow youight need a month if food, job loss could be worth a year..
Great start though, keep up the good work :)
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Great start as Tom said "snow and you might need a month, loss of job and you could be loking at a year" Start small and have a plan for your preps:)
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)