Strange Looks from the checkout Girl

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Magenta16v

Strange Looks from the checkout Girl

Post by Magenta16v »

Well last night at around midnight I stopped at Tesco on the way home to buy some water and have a browse for any offers
Anyway brought 10 cans of American style Hotdogs ( half price 62p .. exp Sep 2015 ) yummy

10 tins of Spam ( again half price to £1 exp july 2015 ) .. the good make which also had 25% free

and 6 bottles of water .. the 5 ltr size

When i was paying the lady was looking at my stuff giving me strange looks and said ' This is a strange shop, you must love hotdogs and Spam '

I politely said they are not for eating now but storing away for when the world falls apart . I had a smile on my face as she clearly had no clue what I was talking about and looked behind me to see another man doing the same as me except he was buying loads of B Beans and Soup. I said ' he knows what I mean '.
So If that guy ( wearing an RAC uniform ) is anybody on here Peppering ... HELLO
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
Erinlouiser

Re: Strange Looks from the checkout Girl

Post by Erinlouiser »

:lol: Well you are braver than me.......
Last time I got funny questions at the checkout I had about 9kg of porridge oats in my trolley, I got 'well thats alot of porridge oats' to which I reply 'oh it's for flapjacks' :lol:
didn't think till after that 9kg of flapjacks is also a bit odd just said the first thing that popped into my head :lol: :lol: :lol:
dead-man-walking

Post by dead-man-walking »

the only time ive ever gotten strange looks of checkout staff was when i was bulk buying veg oil to run the "bus" on.

but then i did have 50 BOGOF 5ltr bottles of oil,, 2 trollys full of just oil,lol

not sure what surprised look on her face i enjoyed most her face at the trollys or when i told her it was fuel for my diesel car
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

I just say: " i buy stuff when its on offer and stock up....i try NOT to pay full price!" that usually works. :D
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Magenta16v wrote:

I politely said they are not for eating now but storing away for when the world falls apart . I had a smile on my face as she clearly had no clue what I was talking about and looked behind me to see another man doing the same as me except he was buying loads of B Beans and Soup. I said ' he knows what I mean '.
Alternatively, he may be single! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JamesMR

Post by JamesMR »

I often feel like like a tramp when buying 20 odd Asdas own tins for 12p, 19p, and 24p each lol
unsure

Post by unsure »

i did the same in asda , chocolate sponge puddings in tins , were 64 p each ,down to 16 p. so i cleared the shelf .all 8 cases of 8 in each did the same with the syrup ones at 18p each ,they only had 2 cases of those . :D morrisons had jar`s of curry sauce on at 5p so got 24 of those .
theres nothing wrong with the mussy peas at 6p a can either .
if i find anything thats dirt cheap i`ll get what ever i can carry or fit in the trolly at the Time , i might not need it but i`ll get it .

if the check girl asks or looks puzzled ,i just say they`ll never that price again . :)
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Technik

Post by Technik »

I went into Lidl couple months ago and bought a portable loo, toilet cleaners and 10 x 10 packs of toilet tissue. Checkout girl says: "are you heading for the festival?" T in the park was on at that time. I said "No, just camping". Got home and nicely stashed it all in the cupboard :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

Say nowt, and when asked for your loyalty card, decline AND pay cash. End of.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

jansman wrote:Say nowt, and when asked for your loyalty card, decline AND pay cash. End of.

I take cash out of the ATM and never pay on my card.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me. :o