What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
preppingsu

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by preppingsu »

Our lovely landlady had our front windows replaced with nice UPVC double glazed so I snaffled the old windows to make cold frames for salad stuff.

Made plans for our piggies to go to slaughter so have started to plan for the curing, smoking and air drying of the meat and getting the materials that I need.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Well this is a Christmas prep - a little bit of tasty luxury.....

I am soaking my fruit in brandy and orange juice ready to make my Christmas cakes tomorrow.....superb!!! :D
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Payday today so I treated myself to a little Eton M400 radio for my EDC. Also bought a load more AA and AAA batteries (Maplin's got another offer on).

Earlier in the week I finally convinced the doctor to let me have two asthma inhalers on my repeat prescription rather than just one. Now my meds work out at half the price which is nice and having two on the prescription makes it easier to stock up.
Roopz

What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Roopz »

Prepping for a week in Yorkshire having a crack at some bunnies with my .22 then off to County Durham for a days pheasant shooting. Yum.
tshw1973

Post by tshw1973 »

Got a polartec300 fleece today. All wrapped up cosy in it now. Not cheap but the plan is to save on heating by wearing it indoors when it gets cold.
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

Not really a prep but I have a kit list and safety check list for the truck for when im out on events I can go through it before hand and check all is there and working etc etc

Well I have spent lastnight and today going through it and adding things into it that would be handy to have should I have to bug out in a hurry and as the truck is always with me or at least withing a good sprint away it makes sense to have it ready to rock as after all its carrying all my normal kit 24/7 anyway so may as well have it fully bug out ready.

I was also up nice and early and spent some time wondering around local town center and paid a visit to poundland and also a newish shop to me family bargains and found some good stuff so when I get paid next week I have decided that im going to go down my list and buy some bits each month once my list is complete. I did find one of them 11 in 1 credit card sized survival tool things in poundland so it got nabbed and spotted a few bits also found a nice LED lantern in the family bargains for £4.99 with batterys its got normal LED light and a fold out flap with LED's on think it was a rolson but not 100% but it was good going out with the mindset of that would be good to have or good to keep hold of etc
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

- I managed to return from foreign climes without being eaten by zombies, or having to make my way back on foot, which would have taken *considerably* longer than Eurostar :lol:
- did some thinking about the pathetic level of prep I managed on an emergency basis for this trip - massive prep for the wedding type stuff, and about 15 minutes for the prep-type stuff.
- I've also been thinking about that youtube clip of the guy making a home made solar dehydrator from "spare wood" and painted drinks cans. And I think I have two short cuts for it - the first is to make the frame for the tubes of painted drinks cans from a table top, with the legs sawn off, and the top turned upside down. Saves a lot of current-time sawing and gluing. The second is about the cabinet that will hold the food thats to be dehydrated - that can be made from the frame of an old bedside cabinet of some description, or an Ikea cube side table. And I have an idea about the trays too - as an experiment a couple of years ago, I bought about 4 metres of insect screening from the local garden centre - what I planned never really worked permanently :oops: so I have a lot left - that could be used to make the trays to rest the food on. I feel a lot of fiddling about with wood and fabric coming on :)
popgoestheweasel

Post by popgoestheweasel »

Ordered my first Manual Grain Mill this week. Comes with a free kilo of wheat grains to get started with. Will arrive mid week. Looking forward to it. :)
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

popgoestheweasel wrote:Ordered my first Manual Grain Mill this week. Comes with a free kilo of wheat grains to get started with. Will arrive mid week. Looking forward to it. :)
Where did you get it from?

And we would love a review when you've had a go at using it, please. :D
popgoestheweasel

Post by popgoestheweasel »

preppingsu wrote:
popgoestheweasel wrote:Ordered my first Manual Grain Mill this week. Comes with a free kilo of wheat grains to get started with. Will arrive mid week. Looking forward to it. :)
Where did you get it from?

And we would love a review when you've had a go at using it, please. :D
Hi there,

I got it from Brow Farm - http://www.browfarm.co.uk/online_store/ ... chines.htm
I had already decided on this model so it was just a case of finding one in the UK at the best price.

I had researched a lot of reviews and watched customer demos on Youtube before choosing the model.

Good for first timers. I have been baking my own bread for sometime so I'll let you know how I get on.

Please don't rain on my Party.... :lol: