Quick Heads Up

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
JamesMR

Quick Heads Up

Post by JamesMR »

Smart Price Custard Mix - 6p a sachet! - Mostly sugar as you'd imagine but i'm sure you could come up with some nice deserts (Tinned peaches and custard?) - Got 10 sachets for 60p, can't really go wrong :)

James
Plymtom

Re: Quick Heads Up

Post by Plymtom »

My main food preps are tinned, precooked no water needed, and if pushed no heat either, but this sort of stuff is also in the picture because we do use it anyway, and it's space and weight saving factor, if we had a scenario where we were bugging in, yet still had mains water and energy sources, we could live a lot longer with a load of dehydrated/packet stuff, so cheers :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
JamesMR

Post by JamesMR »

As horrible as it would be I'm sure if the worst came to the worst you could eat it raw? - Forgot to mention, the sachets provide 3 servings apparently (I presume 3 cup fulls) - Fantastic for 6p :)

Either way, only need some rain water and a fire and you're sorted :D
G.B

Post by G.B »

Thanks for the heads up. The Tesco equivalent has jumped from 6p - 14p in one go
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yikes, thats a massive jump for the Tatco equivalent price - all the supermarkets really load the increases onto the basic value goods sometimes.

I was passing an Asda today, as luck would have it, and got their last four of these, at 6p a go still, plus the smart price smooth peanut butter - I don't care whose peanut butter I eat, but I like the shape of the jamjar and the lid, they're efficient :oops: :lol:
Magenta16v

Post by Magenta16v »

What are the expire dates ?
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
JamesMR

Post by JamesMR »

April 2014 - Even then it's only powder so I'd imagine it would last much longer :)