What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
gadgetguy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by gadgetguy »

Mylared up 20kg of rice and 15kg of pasta and stored in sealed buckets. First time i have used the mylar bags and the sealer.

Ordered more bags and buckets from the self sufficiency shop also ordered another double burner and grill camping stove another nato water/jerry can and some odds and sods.

sorting out a spare room to store food.
Magenta16v

Post by Magenta16v »

I got asked by the wife what I wanted for Christmas ..... Asked for a sealer and some Mylar bags ... and got some Strange Looks lol :mrgreen:
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
G.B

Post by G.B »

Had a £65 voucher from Amazon as compensation so spent it on some books on my wish list (gardening, Collins gems and prep books) and some more water purification tabs.
Cleared a patch in the garden ready for a new pollytunnel in February.
Built and tested a new rocket stove.
Walked the dog this morning on a new route to a possible BOL on the coast without using any roads (only crossed a couple) wet and muddy but fun. 8 mile took us almost 5 hours :o
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

Having had a bonifide stress meltdown in September I've had a rest from life and prepping over the past two months or so. But I'm happy to say that the clouds are starting to part and I'm slowly coming back to reality!

I got my OH an insulated picnic bag in the out of season sale last week and i've packed it with his winter kit for in the van - torch, drinks, extra clothing, boots, blanket, phone charger etc. I keep my car kit in an old picnic box and it stops the drinks etc either overheating or freezing, so really useful. Even if he doesn't need it, he knows I care ;)

I also got garlic planted and have a kitchen full of pumpkin and squash to get preserved - it'll be a busy week!
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Ferricks wrote:Having had a bonifide stress meltdown in September I've had a rest from life and prepping over the past two months or so. But I'm happy to say that the clouds are starting to part and I'm slowly coming back to reality!

I got my OH an insulated picnic bag in the out of season sale last week and i've packed it with his winter kit for in the van - torch, drinks, extra clothing, boots, blanket, phone charger etc. I keep my car kit in an old picnic box and it stops the drinks etc either overheating or freezing, so really useful. Even if he doesn't need it, he knows I care ;)

I also got garlic planted and have a kitchen full of pumpkin and squash to get preserved - it'll be a busy week!

Welcome back ferricks i hope all is well :)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Ditto from me, welcome back ferricks - hope you're recovering okay. It *sounds* like it, for sure - thats a good use for a cooler, avoiding extremes of heat and cold.

Own preps: I spent an hour yesterday taking all the prunings to the garden collection service - when I've caught up, I'll compost stuff like that, but right now, I need it out of the way. I did a second trip too, as they were also recycling duff electrical and electronic stuff. That definitely creates more space in the house - for preps.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Ferricks wrote:Having had a bonifide stress meltdown in September I've had a rest from life and prepping over the past two months or so. But I'm happy to say that the clouds are starting to part and I'm slowly coming back to reality!

welcome back to reality. I have been there before and had a breakdown a few years ago and it wasn't pretty. But the old saying is true, what doesn't kill you does make you stronger and I came out of mine with more coping skills and more of an insight into life.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
junmist

Post by junmist »

welcome back Ferricks
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
popgoestheweasel

Post by popgoestheweasel »

This week bought some battery operated LED lights, a battery operated USB Charger and a wind up torch. :D
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

popgoestheweasel wrote:This week bought some battery operated LED lights, a battery operated USB Charger and a wind up torch. :D
Any links for the battery usb charger something like that could be handy for my phone and works phone as both charge of USB

cheers
Paul