Hi all

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
falcon1959

Hi all

Post by falcon1959 »

I have to admit that I joined this forum a few months ago after watching a program on doomsday preppers in the USA, but this is the first time I have posted on the forum. I have to admit I was a prepper before I even knew what the term was. I used to be a member of a lowland search and rescue team and ever since that time I have a basic 48 hour day bag in my wardrobe.
I was also struck last year by how quickly we could be in trouble if we received serious amounts of snowfall here in the UK. I live in a south east kent town that is served very well by the motorway system, but in 2012 we had 3 or 4 days of bad snow and ice. Even though we lived just around the corner from 2 well known super markets even we had trouble getting a loaf of fresh bread. This was when it struck me that we could be in serious trouble if the bad weather conditions had lasted weeks or even months.
I have not started to stockpile foods or water yet, but I now have the basics things like torches, gat heaters and burners so that we can cook food and stay warm in the event of power failure or bad weather hitting us, and although I am stocking up on foods each week, we always have full cupboards of food we could fall back on.
With the help of the large resources and expertise in this forum I am now on the road to becoming a prepper that is preparing for bad weather disruption, solar flares, or anything else that may hit us. In the coming months I also hope to be able to contribute to the forum in anyway I can.
pseudonym

Re: Hi all

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
maxilaura

Post by maxilaura »

hello
TorNicho

Post by TorNicho »

Welcome,

Fill your boots with all the info available on this site.
Janash37

Post by Janash37 »

welcome! hope you have fun here ;)
Area 5
tigs

Post by tigs »

hello and welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

Hello and welcome, im new here to well relativily new but there is tonnes of info on the forum grab ya self a cup of your fave brew some biccys and sit back :)
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

Welcome to the forum.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
The Ace of Spades

Post by The Ace of Spades »

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Ace. :)
The future belongs to those who prepare.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Praemonitus Praemunitus