Got my first crossbow

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
firepower

Got my first crossbow

Post by firepower »

I can't see the health thing being an issue. When I applied I put depression on my application and they never questioned it. As long as you are not a raving looney all should be well :)

ATB Mick
ShelteredStock

Re: Got my first crossbow

Post by ShelteredStock »

Ive currently got 2 bows which is a 60lb and a 80lb both which can take down deer and a boar(ive tried) so with the laws in this country getting a rifle is kind of hard with no land to prove i can shoot on i cant see any reason not to have these for protection and hunting.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

The laws on bows and crossbows, may not make them hard to get hold of, but do prohibit their use for hunting, and as for self defense either weapon is slow to load and probably because of the thinking time exceeds even the new reasonable force laws.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
devonarcher

Post by devonarcher »

hi anyone who either owns or is considering purchasing either upright bow or crossbow should check out any 3d field archery clubs local to them. it gives you a chance to practice legally with your chosen bow . its a challenge as you walk around a course stopping to shoot at different targets at different ranges at certain points on the course
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

Hi all,

Just ordered a 175# Jaguar crossbow which comes with quiver, shoulder strap and red dot sight for £100
And a 80# armex pistol crossbow for £30, apparently the plastic shafts are more durable and only £3 for 10!
I bought the 60cm foam target for the pistol and larger fill bag for the Jag.

I am also going to contact local farmers to see about hiring part of a field (hopefully very cheaply / free if he can join in?) for occasional shooting days, to try and get my bro and friends interested / trained.

I'll let you know how that goes.

My dad used to always keep a crossbow in our garage it was like the holy grail trying to cock it. I wasn't strong enough until I was about 11 then I shot his only bolt through a file/folder and dart board which it went right through and broke a pot behind. Needless to say I put the thing back and never tried it again. job done lol

Can't wait to get these....
Humour is one of the best ingredients of survival.
(Aung San Suu Kyi)
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

Sorry the special offer is on here - http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/jaguar-c ... 5256-p.asp
(Aung San Suu Kyi)
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Get a cocking rope http://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/jandao-c ... g-aid.html you wont regret it :mrgreen:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

Hi,

I meant to I forgot to order the bloody thing. :S I will get one as I've heard you can put your back out :shock:

cheers

Bilbo
(Aung San Suu Kyi)
Magenta16v

Post by Magenta16v »

I brought that one. Does the job fine
It was quick delivery too
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
tom2tom

Post by tom2tom »

I recently got my firearms license and shotgun license (Coterminous). They did not ask to many questions and once they seen where i was keeping them that was good enough for them. I do live on quite large land tho so they may have seen i have a reason to own firearms.

Edit: did get asked what i would be using them for but just replied best control and he said that is fine =)
Me all i am and all i want to be!