Best prepper pressie

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Annana

Re: Best prepper pressie

Post by Annana »

I got a billhook, canoe stones for it, and an oil lantern. I got my OH binoculars, and a torch and pen knife keyring. I should probably get some paraffin for my lantern!
Reservior

Post by Reservior »

SJS wrote:No problem... I'll happily do a review once I've got them, kitted them out with the EDC, and gone for a walk in the forest (field testing, so-to-speak).
Oh... I will have to ride in to Ipswich first because I want to get rid of the Nalgene bottles and replace them with non-insulated Stainless Steel (boil water in the bottle... an option you don't really have with plastic)

That means I'll also be able to discuss some less-common considerations of these packs: how well they travel at high speed on the hip (I'll give it a go, might not be so good but an interesting test either way), how compact they are for bikers, and (knowing the weather here) whether they remain waterproof at 70mph in apocalyptic rain.

Anyway, yes... I'll do a review (and take some photographs... possibly a short video overview). I have very high standards, so if my review is positive you can consider it lore :ugeek:
Thank you! I'm not convinced its going to work for me tbh. I was thinking, that if it wasn't, it would probably make a great flight bag, we do fly quite a bit.
essgee23

Post by essgee23 »

SJS wrote:No problem... I'll happily do a review once I've got them, kitted them out with the EDC, and gone for a walk in the forest (field testing, so-to-speak).
Oh... I will have to ride in to Ipswich first because I want to get rid of the Nalgene bottles and replace them with non-insulated Stainless Steel (boil water in the bottle... an option you don't really have with plastic)

That means I'll also be able to discuss some less-common considerations of these packs: how well they travel at high speed on the hip (I'll give it a go, might not be so good but an interesting test either way), how compact they are for bikers, and (knowing the weather here) whether they remain waterproof at 70mph in apocalyptic rain.

Anyway, yes... I'll do a review (and take some photographs... possibly a short video overview). I have very high standards, so if my review is positive you can consider it lore :ugeek:

excellent, i for one am really looking forward to this review...and will no doubt shell out the rather large amount of cash on a couple if review suggests it
SJS

Post by SJS »

Must admit, the outlay for Maxpedition gear is quite high... and I've never used any of their stuff before (heard good things, and it's made of 1050 Denier CORDURA so should be up to the job if the stitching is good).

I'm also considering replacing my aging Bergens with the Maxpedition Vulture-II 46 litre packs (either that or import a couple of GoRuck GR2's). Less space, but to be honest I practise survival with minimal gear (to the point where I deliberately add artificial weight) so I don't think I'll miss the lost space. Point is, whichever I end up buying I'll also review (because why not?)
essgee23

Post by essgee23 »

hey SJS

did the bags arrive? did they live up to the ipswich run?
the7ps

Post by the7ps »

DeltaSierra wrote:I got the following for Xmas, al good items

The Backyard Blacksmith
Self sufficency manual by Dick and James Strawbridge
DC4 ceramic sharping stone
Puck axe sharpening stone

And my friend even bought me some damascus steel offcuts. Gonna make them into something useful haha.
Wow, who do you hang around with? I got socks and smellies...
gandelff99

Post by gandelff99 »

I got not one,but two copies of Benson ragners survival poaching books.lol
Love it though,fantastic reading.
highlandprepper

Post by highlandprepper »

harlowmaverick wrote:I got a mini mag light, and a Gerber knife,torch and multi tool set.
Should come in handy at some point
Don't work at GO Outdoors in Harlow do you?! We may have a connection or two if so :lol:
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great
Cocotte

Post by Cocotte »

All I wanted for Xmas was a book, instead I got a load of cooking stuff. Seems no one I know is willing to buy me the Improvised Munitions Handbook. All too concerned about being put on a couple of government watch lists.
RockingDad

Post by RockingDad »

Just saw this thread... thought I might as well add,

My amazing wifey bought me:

Army issue Bergen
Bear Grylls folding Gerber 'Scout' knife
Sling shot with ball bearings and spare bands

And some sons buy their dads socks or slippers..... my eldest bought me a......

FULL GHILLIE SUIT WITH RIFLE WRAP!

oh yes.