24 Hour British Ration Packs (£100 for 19!!)

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Trish52

Post by Trish52 »

So today I received my 24 hour ration packs, I don't normally buy things like this due to the fact that they're stupidly expensive (RRP: 1 = £15) but I really couldn't resist 19 of them for £100, grabbed a bargain. I don't plan on eating them anytime soon but I have took some photographs for you guys to see. They're purely my plan C food source, I am only going to pull these out if me and my family get ever get through my normal food in an emergency situation.

Hope you guys appreciate the images :)

So this menu consists of:

1x Chicken with Dahl
1x Vegetarian All Day Breakfast
1x Custard Sponge

Leak and Potato soup
Orange hot chocolate
Chocolate bar
Golden oats bar
Berry drink powder
Boiled sweets
Herb spread
Marmite tube
Jam Tube
Oatmeal block
Biscuit browns
Fruit biscuits
Tissues
Mini Tobasco bottle
Brew Kit

Just to end this post, what do you guys think or military rations, do you think they're any good??? And do other people on here have them too?

Trish :)
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (82.37 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (77.13 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
pseudonym

Re: 24 Hour British Ration Packs (£100 for 19!!)

Post by pseudonym »

Good catch and from the look of the labels, recent rations too.

Glad you got a variety of meals as well.

Todays ration packs have been well thought out and are constantly evolving for the Modern Army of today.

Having tried rations from the mid eighties up to those you have in your picture I can honestly say; you got a great deal there.

I do get nostalgic for suasages in lard or cheese possessed ocassionaly :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Trish52

Post by Trish52 »

pseudonym wrote:Good catch and from the look of the labels, recent rations too.

Glad you got a variety of meals as well.

Todays ration packs have been well thought out and are constantly evolving for the Modern Army of today.

Having tried rations from the mid eighties up to those you have in your picture I can honestly say; you got a great deal there.

I do get nostalgic for suasages in lard or cheese possessed ocassionaly :lol:

Yeah, they're pretty recentish, 2010/11 (I think), I've heard they keep for like 10+ years or so too! I know that they've got newer ones out but they don't look like they would last as long, they seem to have more products which could spoil really easily! I've tried the American MRE's before, they're okay but they're expensive, around the same price as the British 24 hour meal but it's just 1 meal.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry to tell you my friend they only have a shelf life of 3yrs, and those are the older style.The news ones have Pasta in foil as the lunch meal and they are barking. They where changed because the ones you have were spoiling in Iraq(heat) so they changed them all, as that is where they expect to be operating in the future.
You are better off buying dehydrated meals from Go-outdoors or somewhere similar.
Neat trick with the Pate, get a storm match smear it with the fat on the pate, light it, and stick it in the tin, and you have an emergency candle.
Trish52

Post by Trish52 »

Lowlander wrote:Sorry to tell you my friend they only have a shelf life of 3yrs, and those are the older style.The news ones have Pasta in foil as the lunch meal and they are barking. They where changed because the ones you have were spoiling in Iraq(heat) so they changed them all, as that is where they expect to be operating in the future.
You are better off buying dehydrated meals from Go-outdoors or somewhere similar.
Neat trick with the Pate, get a storm match smear it with the fat on the pate, light it, and stick it in the tin, and you have an emergency candle.
I'm sure they'll be fine, I've ate ones which we're 8 years old and they we're dandy! I'm not planning on taking my summer holiday in Iraq anytime soon either but thank you for the advice, I appreciate it! Does the candle thing really work? Hahaha, sounds pretty bizarre!!
John1788

Post by John1788 »

Hi Trish, if you fancy selling any to get some money back let me know, handy to have a couple in the car,ta John..
The-Great-Nothing

Post by The-Great-Nothing »

Hi.

Very nice! Was it a one time only deal? Or could you point folk in the direction if the shop?

Thanks

Matt
madgaz

Post by madgaz »

Cracking deal that, cracking deal. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sent from a (Samsung) Galaxy, far far away.
Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Pi55 Poor Performance.
Two is one, one is none.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Madgaz, Area8. Message me?
Trish52

Post by Trish52 »

John1788 wrote:Hi Trish, if you fancy selling any to get some money back let me know, handy to have a couple in the car,ta John..
Hey John, I have a few I could let go of :)
The-Great-Nothing wrote:Hi.

Very nice! Was it a one time only deal? Or could you point folk in the direction if the shop?

Thanks

Matt
It was a one off (eBay!), I've searched everywhere for the packs but I couldn't find them ANYWHERE apart from eBay, I'd ask people who we're selling them but they wouldn't tell :(

madgaz wrote:Cracking deal that, cracking deal. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sent from a (Samsung) Galaxy, far far away.
Thanks ;)

Post by 24942895 »

I once had one of the old type (tins, 80's vintage) that was 10 years out of date (thanks for that :evil: ) aside from some interesting textures (cut yourself a slice of beans) it was quite edible (though at the time I'd have eaten the ruddy box too!). They're high-calorie for 24 hours, supplement it or be less physically active and they can last alot longer.
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..