Your Prepping for 2013

How are you preparing
survival chic

Re: Your Prepping for 2013

Post by survival chic »

My goal is to be more self sufficient which means i need to start my fruit and veg garden. That is my main goal for 2013. Also start prepping in a larger way. I am at a small scale at the moment and my food store may last one month for me and hubby. I need to stock up more on everything and have at least two months supply of cash hidden away just in case emergencies. 2013 is my year to get very ahead of my prepping needs.
modernwisewoman

Post by modernwisewoman »

As I had major surgery just before Christmas my initial goal is to get out to walk more than the 5 mins on a flat road that I can manage at the moment. I am going to read more of the older threads on this site and start building my folder of information. Thank you Scobbie for letting more people to register.
I have books to plan the garden that the chickens have turned to mud.
I found an old non-electric sewing machine at a car boot sale two days before my surgery so want to try that out. I can make my own clothes already but this will take me away from the electric machines.
Can any one suggest how much clothing they have stored away and if any one buys bolts of cloth to store away?
When I can lift more than a glass of water I hope to continue storing food boxes and ....
So much to do...
Magenta16v

Post by Magenta16v »

I am going to learn to map read .. properly . learn how to use a Compass .. properly
learn how to spell properly Correctly lol
We Must learn all the skills that we have Forgotten
ynotshi

Post by ynotshi »

well iam a bit unsure want to finish mortage but want a landrover, get a bit more food in like freeze dried stuff is a definate must, and would like some good climbing rope as for survival skills, i believe its never ending so will be reading and practicing as much as i can.
onedog

Post by onedog »

Just bought a secondhand generator, also will look at another means of producing power possibly wind turbine?, have heard of another company manufactureing generators which can be run on cooking oil,also starting work on a pollytunnel using old scaff poles,50mm plastic water pipe and uv resistant plastic! fingers crossed.commiserations to jansman i was binned on newyears eve there is never a good time :?
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

ynotshi wrote:well iam a bit unsure want to finish mortage but want a landrover, get a bit more food in like freeze dried stuff is a definate must, and would like some good climbing rope as for survival skills, i believe its never ending so will be reading and practicing as much as i can.
Personally I would pay off the mortgage first, then it is yours and cannot be reposessed, then look at getting a Land rover.

Look for drum deals on climbing ropes, it works out cheaper most times.

Abseil ropes are also useful.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

Yay, found some for £1 per metre, 330feet for £100, not bad, not many places are that much of a climb.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

ynotshi

Post by ynotshi »

want rope so i can tie my partner to me as she is not big so if i had to cross a river or flooded area (which its very bad still where i live) is wouldnt float away :lol: