how am I preparing??

How are you preparing
st3vi3

Re: how am I preparing??

Post by st3vi3 »

Yea be good to get family involved. Nice to get support, makes ya think im not crazy haha.

Yea money tight for most people we have to learn to use it wisely. Its hard when things keep going up in price. Today I went shopping and seen just so much junk we buy. Its good to change the mindset on this. Buy something to last or just leave it and make sure its required, not because its the next big thing
jansman

Post by jansman »

Very good thread this, thankyou. I think if we all use what we have and think outside the box, we can all do well. Waste and unwanted crap is something we are getting on top of here at Chez Jansman. Good luck with the pay.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
John1788

Post by John1788 »

Hi,not to sure what I'm expecting to happen but the most likely thing I'm worried about is flooding as I have the Irish sea,river Dee and the river Mersey around me and after a day of rain the drains can't cope as it is,got 3 days worth of food and water and the obvious bug out kit bit's in a pack at home.also have a smaller version in the car should we not be at home and have to head for high ground with north Wales the nearest place,hope to never need it but if I do at least we have a fighting Chance.just when I think I have everything I read some else's prepps list and think yep,could do with that Lol.
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

thanx jansman need lots of luck there.

yea i worry about the rain and high waters. see england etc floods lately, but if we are to believe what the bible says then flooding should be low on the list lol. who knows what will or could happen. i just got my mind set now on prep for as much as i can with what i got and use. get family on board and follow sites like this. hell we might not get it 100% but 60% 70% is better than most people.

i was talking to someone i know and asked them how much food they buy, they said they go daily. i asked them if something happened like the truck drivers went on strike how would you cope? how long would you last. i think the penny dropped for a second but people just think they can live on air sometimes
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

st3vi3 wrote:they said they go daily.
That has to be the most expensive way of shopping that i have ever heard.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
piglet

Post by piglet »

:idea:
st3vi3 wrote:people just think they can live on air sometimes
Lets be honest, it's jolly handy. :P

:D piglet
ain't settlin'
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

nickdutch wrote:
st3vi3 wrote:they said they go daily.
That has to be the most expensive way of shopping that i have ever heard.
It can be double edged, you can buy things very cheaply if you shop late in the day, Fresh food especially fruit and veg can be got cheaply at 10 minutes to closing time on a Saturday evening from a green grocer, a lot of stores put their reduced labels on as well.

Tinned stuff, bottled stuff and the likes are best bought in bulk and rotated, but perishables at the right time can be a lot cheaper ;)
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

i understand why they shop daily, something cheaper but as you say have the yellow label on them but dont last very long. that not much good if no stores in the kitchen.

so for me the last 2days have been pepping on the cheap (still) so asked the misses to teach me some cooking skills as she a chef. not that i cant cook but good to learn extra skills.

i also managed to get some storage shelves on the free very handy.

Have to say really enjoin my time lately searching for hiding places too
arnieh

Post by arnieh »

At the moment we are building up a store of tinned and dry foods though storage is our main enemy, we live in a small bungalow with limited cupboard space, no garage or cellar. I am contemplating using one of the two sheds in the garden.
redskies

Post by redskies »

arnieh wrote:At the moment we are building up a store of tinned and dry foods though storage is our main enemy, we live in a small bungalow with limited cupboard space, no garage or cellar. I am contemplating using one of the two sheds in the garden.

Could you go up, into your loft? Might also make a decent temp hideout if you're stuck sometime.