toothache

Medical and Healthcare
poppypiesdad

Re: toothache

Post by poppypiesdad »

Clove oil for the pain , pair of pliers for the shtf

Jamie
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
madmedic

Post by madmedic »

poppypiesdad wrote:Clove oil for the pain , pair of pliers for the shtf

Jamie
it has worked for the army for years.. so does gargling salt as already said.. you have to do something though.. pain killers like ibuprofen will not fix the problem only remove the pain. infection needs treatment what ever way you do it.

there are plenty of dental first aid kits that include sealing paste for lost fillings and things
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day..
Set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life..
Debmcgovern

Post by Debmcgovern »

Firstly your dentist is not allowed to refuse you a extraction if you wanted it he may advise against it if he thinks he can save it sound like u need root canal or extraction this will keep flaring up unless the source of infection is removed
Take some metronidazole if u can get them from your dentist
My advise is see ur dentist ASAP or change dentist if they don't listen to u
redskies

Post by redskies »

Yikes. If you do get the metronidazole, be very very aware of any pain after you start taking it, particularly in your legs or shoulders/neck. It's the onset of peripheral neuropathy, and they don't tell you that bit in the instruction leaflet!
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

susannem55 wrote:Hi Everyone, I get problems with a tooth which flares up every so often. Over xmas I had an infection and a fat face. Any ideas about what I should do if this happens post SHTF? Can I take anything in my first aid kit that could help me? My dentist refuses to extract as 'it's not that bad'! Thanks Sue
Hi Sue, please can you pop over to the 'New Members Start Here' section and give us a short introductory post? Thanks.