Highlander emergency shelter

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
John1788

Highlander emergency shelter

Post by John1788 »

Picked a 3 person one up off Ebay for £10 brand new,I know it's no substitute for a tent but must be better than a tarp for short term shelter if its raining or blowing a hoolie.Has anyone got one,had one or used one and they as good as stated i.e. windproof / waterproof and worth having as a back up ?.
Attachments
_0927F961-E5A1-44F5-825E-ADE0DBB22AC2__CS064.jpg
_0927F961-E5A1-44F5-825E-ADE0DBB22AC2__CS064.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
12mp82

Re: Highlander emergency shelter

Post by 12mp82 »

I have a three person one they are good, but they do heat up really quickly, they have them groups bigger than twelve.

They do what they say on the tin as far as I am aware, they are not for long term shelter, but for an emergency bivvy in bad weather.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

John1788

Post by John1788 »

12mp82 wrote:I have a three person one they are good, but they do heat up really quickly, they have them groups bigger than twelve.

They do what they say on the tin as far as I am aware, they are not for long term shelter, but for an emergency bivvy in bad weather.
Thanks for the info,hope never to need it but good to know it's up to the job.
hawkafr

Post by hawkafr »

i have a four man one fits two adults in fold up chairs easy have used it at airshows it also has a window in so we could drink our hot cups of tea and watch people get drenched it packs up into size & weight of bag sugar
John1788

Post by John1788 »

hawkafr wrote:i have a four man one fits two adults in fold up chairs easy have used it at airshows it also has a window in so we could drink our hot cups of tea and watch people get drenched it packs up into size & weight of bag sugar
Thanks for the positive reviews,worth the money then.
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

I've got a Bothy Bag (2 man) emergency shelter which I take up the mountains. Made out of ripstop nylon/tent material, but very light. Have used it a couple of times for comfort (to have lunch out of the rain!) and it keeps you warm and dry. Good to know I've got it when I'm out in the wilds...

I think I paid £30 or so for it a few years ago.
John1788

Post by John1788 »

Attack Warning Red wrote:I've got a Bothy Bag (2 man) emergency shelter which I take up the mountains. Made out of ripstop nylon/tent material, but very light. Have used it a couple of times for comfort (to have lunch out of the rain!) and it keeps you warm and dry. Good to know I've got it when I'm out in the wilds...

Attack Warning Red wrote:I've got a Bothy Bag (2 man) emergency shelter which I take up the mountains. Made out of ripstop nylon/tent material, but very light. Have used it a couple of times for comfort (to have lunch out of the rain!) and it keeps you warm and dry. Good to know I've got it when I'm out in the wilds...

A good deal at £10 then,thanks.
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

John1788 wrote:

A good deal at £10 then,thanks.
Yes, looks it! :D