What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by 24942895 »

Bought some medical supplies (sutures, antihistamines, burns gel).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Just put in another Wilkinsons order, timed so that it should be delivered on Monday, when I'm in all day anyway because I've got a builder here ... ordered fireproof box for the external hard disc drive, an LED headband (I'm sure thats not the right way of putting it!), some vermiculite for the insulation component of a rocket stove, and that galvanised mop bucket I was on about the other day, so that if tshtf in a really big way, the "mop" component of it will make things easier to rinse. I know I should look at hand powered mangles for that, but this is £12 delivered, it'll be useful anyway, its a good start :)

Oh, and yesterday, I made a quick trip to a very local shopping town, to the Lidl supermarket - 5 different types of fruit trees, 70cm tall, £4 each! I bought two plum, and two pear, £16. I want to take them with me when I (eventually) move, so now I need biggish plantpots, of course. Off to the poundshop.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

I've been in Lidls this week too. They have loads of gardening tools and related items on offer as their 'genre' of the week! Picked up a great bow saw with spare blade and good grip handle for just £4.99! Also got a few things for the food store.

Been doing quite a bit of reading - especially about the economy!! Not very heartening reading! Makes me wonder about putting any spare money in gold and silver in the future - something I've never entertained before!
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

If gold and silver dip, that's a good thing, it means that the long term investor can stock up.

But, thats not for the short term paper traders, which I think, we are probably not.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Got two tons of logs delivered. This weekend im starting my garden project a whole garden revamp with more space to grow veg.Got to build a new woodshed as well so hopefully the weather wont be too bad.Doing a stock check as im away all next week on business in Europe so i want to make a list for the inlaws of what we have a where it is as they are staying to look after my daughter and dogs.I am also going to show my daughter where all the emergency kit is in case there is a problem when im gone,better showing her as she has a cool head in a emergency :D .I also will be making up a GHB/Grab bag for my trip though i dont fancy having to walk home from Germany :lol:
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Had a short term power cut. It was good practice. Still managed to make hot lunch plus tea and do the washing up in hot water.

Glad I had everything in place more or less.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
cheshirekat

Post by cheshirekat »

mushroom wrote: Been doing quite a bit of reading - especially about the economy!! Not very heartening reading! Makes me wonder about putting any spare money in gold and silver in the future - something I've never entertained before!
You should've put something into gold during the last few weeks. prices have been low although there's been a small rise this week but it's not too late to invest and it has to be long-term.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Did a scrap run this morning , £83 added to coffers, and bought a load of fencing to divide a bit of the field off £290 out of coffers :-( and did a run to the tip with a trailer of junk , mainly plastics . Must be spring
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
riversong

Post by riversong »

Today -

Beginning preps for Pandemic Flu - which government says is the highest risk of anything at the moment -
Risk factors from 1 in 2 to 1 in 20

Also I discovered a Kelly Kettle - brings new meaning to the phrase "paddy power"
Big investment of £50 but it looks superb and can boil water for my dehydrated foods