Rabbits - Nutrition

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
short circuit

Re: Rabbits - Nutrition

Post by short circuit »

Admins is there any sections on veggie diets as have got older I just cannot kill an animal anymore and we dont eat much meat at all now...I must have got soft. I looked into the eyes of a rabbit once and I could not kill it after that since then it just seems wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

There is no seperate section, any relevant threads would be in this section if anywhere.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
essgee23

Post by essgee23 »

short circuit wrote:Admins is there any sections on veggie diets as have got older I just cannot kill an animal anymore and we dont eat much meat at all now...I must have got soft. I looked into the eyes of a rabbit once and I could not kill it after that since then it just seems wrong

was going to PM you short circuit with some sites and links as my family are veggie .... appears i cant though???? :?

does that mean we are foes when cant message? :shock: how odd... :(
short circuit

Post by short circuit »

You know I dont know if there even turned on I shall go look ty for the heads up :)
sorted did not know you had to add each person so thay could PM you lol that's why I never get any mail then, I was starting to thing it was my socks :lol: Not got a clue how to add everyone?
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

short circuit wrote:You know I dont know if there even turned on I shall go look ty for the heads up :)
sorted did not know you had to add each person so thay could PM you lol that's why I never get any mail then, I was starting to thing it was my socks :lol: Not got a clue how to add everyone?

Click the cog top right.

Board preferences

Edit Global Settings

Allow users to send you private messages:

Hope that helps
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
short circuit

Post by short circuit »

TY admin :) At last I have set it up rite ty :roll:
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

pseudonym wrote:
woodpecker wrote: Was thinking about trying out the use of snare wires this year to try and fill the freezer up, anyone got any ideas of the best way to set them up please?
http://www.thehuntinglife.com/html/sect ... nares.html

Have a look there.

HTH

Thanks for the link, will set it on my favourites.

Snares are good I think, because they will work for me when I'm wandering around with the rifle in other areas, they will hunt for me when I'm not able too.

:mrgreen:
junmist

Post by junmist »

short circuit wrote:Admins is there any sections on veggie diets as have got older I just cannot kill an animal anymore and we dont eat much meat at all now...I must have got soft. I looked into the eyes of a rabbit once and I could not kill it after that since then it just seems wrong
I'd like to know too please prehaps the veggie's could put some simple recipes in the recipes section for the rest of us
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
short circuit

Post by short circuit »

Nice idea
survivor_steve

Post by survivor_steve »

snaring is a good cheap way of effectively killing rabbits, its becoming a lost art in the hunting world... however if done correctly and theres loads online where to set,how to set, different ways of setting aslong as you check morning and night you should be ok.
obviously if you dont have permission on the land you could have a gamekeeper waiting for you and be charged with poaching ;-)

as for rabbits, if you check for any health concerns, worms,ticks,abcess,myxi and many others you should be ok, just make sure its thoroughly cooked or if in doubt freeze for a good week to kill of any nasties, wild rabbits in my opinion is alot better and healthier for you than than alot of the prepacked shop bought rubbish, didnt do no one no harm when people was rationed in ww2 and they poached the countryside bare for rabbits....if you dont like the gamey taste just soak overnight in salt water,rinse and cook the next day.... boil, roast, bbq just like you would a chicken.... damn its making me hungry lol