Guns,air rifles and weapons

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
firepower

Guns,air rifles and weapons

Post by firepower »

Browning xbolt in .223 with a S&B PMII MK2 and moderator ;)

ATB
Mick
tanstaafl

Re: Guns,air rifles and weapons

Post by tanstaafl »

Attack Warning Red wrote:Sensible posts from all. :D

We just have to be careful, because we've often had, in the past, people discussing the illegal side of guns and weapons - usually how to target people... This is not what we want to encourage as the law would take a dim view of this. There are at least a couple of members on this forum that only ever pop-up when there's a gun thread.

So a sane, discussion of the legal use of guns and weapons (like this) is welcomed.

In my case, I haven't fired an air gun since I was a teenager, nor owned one. Ditto firearms. I think if there truly was a breakdown, I'd set snares for small animals (I've done this successfully before, a long time ago though TBH).

Sorry AWRed that is just what I was talking about, you mention the Law and the legality of guns, but we are talking about a SHTF situation where the "rule of Law" has gone, we are not talking about the here and now.

I think as I said we have to discuss all forms of prepping, including what we would need to do to defend ourselves, by not doing that , all the food ,water ,kit and preps are not worth nothing without a plan to stop people taking them.

Like it or not if the SHTF violence will rear its ugly head.

I expect there are a few Ex service lads on here who could tell us how dangerous things can be with no Rule of law, re Bosnia Iraq etc.

Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.

Franz Kafka
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

This is a tricky line to walk, isn't it - talking isn't illegal, but even in this country, there have been people who've gone on the rampage and actually killed people, and often its started off with crazy posts online :( But I do agree, that we should be able to talk about a hypothetical future where the rule of law has broken down.

As for me ... well, I *meant* to go to my local shooting club this evening, but I did too much gardening and the arthritis flared, so still no experience with adult weapons - the best experience of my life as far as shooting goes was on Brighton Pier, with those electronic guns plugged in to a four foot wide screen, and you're killing everything that moves :lol: :lol: :lol: sort of like an electronic version of Its A Knockout :lol:
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

This is how I see it

I came home tonight and I kid you not somebody had parked a mobility scooter in my car port in front of my motorbike, now the angle I come in at meant I did not see it til the last minute, so nearly took the front of my motor, the scooter ,my bike and next doors fence out :evil:

So I knock on some doors and its one of my neighbours mates, so we end up laughing over it and alls well.

Thats how things are done between normal people in a civilized society.

Now if the world goes to hell in a handbasket and I am the only thing between my girls and the "Barbarians at the Gate", I want to know how to defend them.

And if need be to do whatever it takes

My point being is I hope its always sorted like the first example, but I want to be prepared in the case of the latter
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

I'm sure you know exactly how to, and what you would do so, so does it really, and I mean REALLY, need to be discussed on here?

I came here to learn some useful stuff about prepping, I am sure I could find similar stuff on lots of other forums on the internet, especially on some of the ones in the USA, but I don't want to read all the Guns and bunkers and religious stuff they have, I want to know about how a financial breakdown or possibly some other stuff in my country, my county, my town and my street might affect me.

I have a few rifles for getting meat in my freezer, I know how to use the same for other purposes, but I really don't need to discuss it with others who I really don't know.
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

tanstaafl wrote:
Attack Warning Red wrote:Sensible posts from all. :D

We just have to be careful, because we've often had, in the past, people discussing the illegal side of guns and weapons - usually how to target people... This is not what we want to encourage as the law would take a dim view of this. There are at least a couple of members on this forum that only ever pop-up when there's a gun thread.

So a sane, discussion of the legal use of guns and weapons (like this) is welcomed.

In my case, I haven't fired an air gun since I was a teenager, nor owned one. Ditto firearms. I think if there truly was a breakdown, I'd set snares for small animals (I've done this successfully before, a long time ago though TBH).

Sorry AWRed that is just what I was talking about, you mention the Law and the legality of guns, but we are talking about a SHTF situation where the "rule of Law" has gone, we are not talking about the here and now.

I think as I said we have to discuss all forms of prepping, including what we would need to do to defend ourselves, by not doing that , all the food ,water ,kit and preps are not worth nothing without a plan to stop people taking them.

Like it or not if the SHTF violence will rear its ugly head.

I expect there are a few Ex service lads on here who could tell us how dangerous things can be with no Rule of law, re Bosnia Iraq etc.

Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.

Franz Kafka

Yes, but we simply can't discuss how to harm, injure or kill other people on this forum.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

And for that kind of stuff, watch the news ... I'll never forget the BBC interview with the rebel Libyan fighter, formerly a computer programmer, who said they used Google Earth to plan their tactics ...
survivor_steve

Post by survivor_steve »

hw100 pcp for nv night shooting
hw80 springer for back up incase run out of air
20g hushpower for lamping rabbits and places near houses
12g beretta semi auto for pigeon

as for cooking try soaking rabbit in salt water overnight, roast,boil, make stew and taste real nice.... can do loads with bunnies,whatever you can with chicken :-) ..... pigeon breast flash fry in pan only takes a few minutes and add garlic... bootifull,fast and simple
Pasty_pete

Post by Pasty_pete »

airarms s410 pcp 177 love hunting but i will only kill what i am prepaired to eat unless its rats i shoot them as a pest control requirement when asked
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Attack Warning Red wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:
Yes, but we simply can't discuss how to harm, injure or kill other people on this forum.

Thats fair enough I guess, but still seems a bit like, "sticking your head in the sand" , to me if I want to be able to say , build a fire when SHTF, I will get the knowledge now, I wont build many fires , I will turn the central heating up :D but I have the knowledge.

Anyway heres one for the mod to delete (unless they see the funny side )

Lesson 1 , How to shoot someone - Point Gun (metal end toward enemy) - Pull Trigger :tinfoil