security

Homes and Retreats
poppypiesdad

Re: security

Post by poppypiesdad »

Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

unsure wrote:ive said it before , a simple alarm mine . uses a blank shell , lots of noise and mayhem usually after its been tripped ..makes the buggers think they`re being shot at . less than the cost of a good digging spade and legal to use .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alarm-mine-fo ... 19d9a4ca4e
Not so sure they would be gratefully received or effective in an urban setting though :shock:

Yep, those are the ones, quite cheap as well at Maplins :mrgreen:
unsure

Post by unsure »

woodpecker wrote:
unsure wrote:ive said it before , a simple alarm mine . uses a blank shell , lots of noise and mayhem usually after its been tripped ..makes the buggers think they`re being shot at . less than the cost of a good digging spade and legal to use .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alarm-mine-fo ... 19d9a4ca4e
Not so sure they would be gratefully received or effective in an urban setting though :shock:

Yep, those are the ones, quite cheap as well at Maplins :mrgreen:

more of a reason to use them , unusual noises tend to get people looking .
how many people actually check on a car alarm these days [ unless its your car ] these are so common know no body does .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

And an armed response truck turning out and its occupants knocking on doors, not really a bright idea in the middle of the night :roll:
unsure

Post by unsure »

we are still talking allotments here , ?
i can`t see any problem , most allotments are not in some ones back garden , well not by me there not . they tend to be out of the way and if the scrote gets a shock then all the better .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

unsure wrote:we are still talking allotments here , ?
i can`t see any problem , most allotments are not in some ones back garden , well not by me there not . they tend to be out of the way and if the scrote gets a shock then all the better .
Around here they aren't too far from built up areas, I guess some parts it is normal to hear gunshots going off though :roll:
justsurviving

Post by justsurviving »

The two allotments we have are both away from housing, at least 100 mtrs. so the big bang might work well. Also in both areas ppl are out with shotguns. I like the mine idea. To be blunt its the intruder breaking the law not you.
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

To be blunt its the intruder breaking the law not you.
It might be a good idea to check on that though, you may also be breaking the law as it could be seen in a different light by the courts, and before anyone starts on about if the intruder gets hurt it's their own fault and how fed up they are about the PC Brigade etc etc, then just check the legal aspects of defending your property so you do it without becoming a criminal as well.
BristolDave

Post by BristolDave »

Cameras - blurry image of a bloke in a cap. Land mines - where do you get blank cartridges these days?

Best bet - leave nothing in the shed that has value and leave the shed unlocked. I know there is a feeling of impotency, that you should be doing something but you have to be realistic.

BD
happyhacker

Post by happyhacker »

First, do you have a local allotment group/committee? Discuss with other holders their views on security, etc. Grouping together is better and you are unlikely to do something which upsets others on your patch.