What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
SooBee

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by SooBee »

Sounds like a special time coming up for you. You seem a level-headed chap and a partnership of like minds could bring a lot of happiness to both of you. Give it a go!

If nothing else it could be a bit of a holiday for you after a rather trying time.

Enjoy!

Soobee
DreamOfPrepping

Post by DreamOfPrepping »

Got my Mora Clipper and Petron Stealth Archery bow coming today.
Cracked open my BOB to check it's all still good and would you believe that the kids got there before me and now I'll have to start all over again... :x

Kids who'd have 'em? :evil:
Area 3
Planning to prepare is not preparing. If you've got money in abundance help others without it. If you don't have money READ! information can be more helpful than money in many instances and share what you learn.
Paul_H

Re: Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Paul_H »

24942895 wrote:
Paul_H wrote:24942895 - no I saw them on ebay one sec ill grab a link.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380572935243? ... 1436.l2649

looks like they have gone up a couple of quid but still work out at around £1 a can so cant complain when compared to what they cost on the high street

hope that helps :)
Awesome, thank you! :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Am happy to help :) I have never run one continous to see how long they last I tend to keep one in the cooker and a couple to hand though if memory serves me right on a recent charity event were we camped 6 nights out of 7 I think I used 3 cans and that was for 5 people with water food etc.

I am planning on getting another one next pay day as there nice and compact and easy to store plus I can brew up while cooking or cook two things at once, shame they have not made a twin burner one yet that would be great for my needs
Boo

Post by Boo »

DreamOfPrepping wrote:Got my Mora Clipper and Petron Stealth Archery bow coming today.
Cracked open my BOB to check it's all still good and would you believe that the kids got there before me and now I'll have to start all over again... :x

Order my Bob last week, this week I have been sorting out our preps, food cupboards done, lists made, extra med supplies ordered,
cb and amateur radios in metal box, wow my head is hurting lol
Rusty337

Post by Rusty337 »

DreamOfPrepping wrote:Got my Mora Clipper and Petron Stealth Archery bow coming today.

got my bow today too , same make but recurve. really exciteed to get it out tomorrow to see how terrible a shot i am haha :D

good luck with yours

Rusty
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week./

Democratic republic of Area 11
DreamOfPrepping

Rusty337 wrote:got my bow today too , same make but recurve. really exciteed to get it out tomorrow to see how terrible a shot i am haha :D

good luck with yours

Rusty
I got mine to see how bad a shot I have become... It's a case of OMG who put that broad side of a barn in my way???
Although after about 10 shots I started hitting Reds. That yellow bull will be a hole soon though lol.
Area 3
Planning to prepare is not preparing. If you've got money in abundance help others without it. If you don't have money READ! information can be more helpful than money in many instances and share what you learn.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Have resorted my get home and BOB bags, the BOB bag is now renamed the 60 second bag as it is easer to explain to people about having a bag that you just grab and go encase of a fire. Have even got my elderly mother getting one together as she would not like to lose some of her photos and a few other things that are special to her seems a silly thing to do but just renaming a bag has got people thinking.
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

This weekend I'm home for Easter, staying in the bungalow that I'll be moving into in a month. I went out for a walk earlier and based on TwoDo's post about sweet chestnuts, went looking for the trees that my auntie showed me when I was little. They're still there! Woop! I walked through the woods on the way back and noticed that the ground either side of the path was carpeted in blackberry bushes. Looking on the map, there's *so much* woodland round here. I was never encouraged to explore the area as a kid, but my (somewhat estranged) Dad grew up round here and is into foraging big time, so when I move back, I'll try and rebuild some bridges, (hopefully) get my Dad back and see if he can teach me his secrets at the same time. And in a slightly unemotional belt-and-braces approach, I've just bought the Collins Gem Food for Free book on Amazon...
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm doing the 60 second thing too - scanning photos - thank heavens I switched to digital quite a while ago, but there's still a lot of films I took before then!

I checked out a little nature reserve on the other side of my (rather small) town too - also found lots of blackberry bushes :)
DreamOfPrepping

Arzosah wrote:I checked out a little nature reserve on the other side of my (rather small) town too - also found lots of blackberry bushes :)
The family and I have just returned from a trip around the country and I am now trying to find out who owns the woods I have drove past after making notes on the names of the roads.

If anyone knows how to find out who owns common land with no mailing address without having to pay for it I would be most appreciative.
All I have found so far is landregistryservices.com who want to charge £34 and landregistryonline.net who wish to charge £34.95. Surely this information is freely available somewhere?

I was hoping that a library would have this info for free but I would like to know if they do to save a wasted journey. I'd like to go camping in several different woods but not without the expressed permission of the land owner...
Area 3