Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Paul_H

Re: POUND WORLD !!

Post by Paul_H »

ooooo thanks for the links guys off to have a butchers :D
munchh

Post by munchh »

gcp1975 wrote:It seems that our local Coventry Pound World has been restocked with camping equipment .. As well as torches , headlamps and tentpegs that caught my eye ..I was drawn to 20m of 4mm "rope" that Seems to have the same characteristics as para cord Has any body else seen this or am i on to a good buy. I doubt that its as strong but i might try a para cord bracelet tonight and see if it can be done with a cheaper alternative !!!!
My first pound world/land was the ones in coventry, i used to visit some friends there, dont forget the packs of Raman noodles, i started buying them in there normally 5 or 6 packs for £1, were great for weekends fishing, but now they are just a good back up.

I love the torches and the para chord is well worth it, its not 550, but its very useful and yes ive made many braclets out of it too, our one down here have started stocking those foil emergency tents too.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Moony

Post by Moony »

Good paracord belt (up to 7,000lb breaking strain) here with good step-by-step pics:

http://mobiobione.wordpress.com/paracor ... nd-d-ring/
I'm in Area 7 !
gcp1975

Post by gcp1975 »

Have now made quite a few cobra weave bracelets - ordering some proper buckles of e-bay to do some "nicer ones" i've made one each for my brother and sister in laws , one for my son and daughter and a few more out of the pound world utility rope so for 1 pound i made 5 and a new collar for the dog !!! just with a simple hoop and knot clasp.. Great value !!!
Attachments
photo0619_001.jpg
photo0619_001.jpg (147.83 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
ctrljay

Post by ctrljay »

The 99p stores are also stocking a good range of goodies. They have basic version of SAK, emergency shelter(foil and paracord), led torch sticks(ones that have a torch one end and a colour a the other with flashing option plus whistle at end), plus loads more! All for a penny less....!
We live in a unsustainable world, there must be a balance, poor people/rich people no more, only prepared people will make it!
sg4

Post by sg4 »

dont forget enamel plates, water carries and all the air tight food containers
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ours has black containers with lids at the minute, the sort you would use to store your preps, i would say about 8litres?
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
justsurviving

Post by justsurviving »

I just got a digital thermometer for a quid i'm chuffed (3 actually) I also picked up some diposible ponchos and shelters.

Re: Re: POUND WORLD !!

Post by 24942895 »

munchh wrote:Ours has black containers with lids at the minute, the sort you would use to store your preps, i would say about 8litres?
Is that in 'pound world'?

I only have 'pound land' and '99p store' near me..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..
munchh

Re: Re: POUND WORLD !!

Post by munchh »

24942895 wrote:
munchh wrote:Ours has black containers with lids at the minute, the sort you would use to store your preps, i would say about 8litres?
Is that in 'pound world'?

I only have 'pound land' and '99p store' near me..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry yeah, that was poundLAND, i dont go to our poundWORLD its a bit cheap and nasty... :lol: I beleive that our poundLAND is the biggest in the south! We are all very proud! :oops:
AREA 3