Stash Bag

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
sg4

Stash Bag

Post by sg4 »

Hiding this in here as i want this to be about kit only. been inspired by GQ prepper on you tube on this Video. so i thought about a cheap kit bag i can bury anywhere should i be driven from home with nothing to fall back on. I have not included food in this as its the Equipment section.
So:
Axe£6.19
Saw £3.5
Any Large ish Full Tang knife from £10 up
Multi tool £5-10
Alu bottle 99p shop
Stove £3
Tinder (vasoline cotton balls for me)
Tarp 99p shop
Back pack (Dealers choice)
Roasting bags 99p shop
Bandana £2
Cree torch £3
Head torch 99p shop
Radio 99p shop
AA & AAA batts
Cable ties
Duct tape
Survival card £1
Armoured Ferro rod £4
Lighter 99p shop
Rubble sacks 99p shop
Cordage
First Aid Kit £5 lidl
All wrapped in water tight survival bag or similar container

Any suggestions on this?
Arzosah

Re: Stash Bag

Post by Arzosah »

Scary thought to be driven from home ... how about shelter in that list? Its a great list. Where could you hide it that would be more secure than your house, do you have any ideas?
sg4

Post by sg4 »

well there's a knife, axe and tarp so make your own shelter and i did say bury it so for me it would be in woods more than 10 miles away, maybe another 100 miles away if you fear biological attack which could cause quarantine zones seperating you from your house
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hi SG4 - you got me wondering now, about "woods" - I don't know where you are, but I'm in the south east of England, and woods down here are heavily used - you can be in the most isolated spot, and find out that your neighbour, or your daughter's friends parents, go there all the time. And land is owned ... I'm not knocking the idea, in fact you've just reminded me of a couple of pieces of PAW fiction by Jerry Young, that use the concept extensively - my sense round here, though, is that if its not your land, someone will find it, sooner or later. Mind you, even round here, there are odd little parcels of land, e.g. on a steep slope next to a railway embankment, that nobody wants - bury it in a place like that, and *nobody* would ever find it, absolutely. I'm just wondering ...

PS - realised this isn't what you're trying to focus on, and tried to delete wholesale, but can't do that with posts, sorry. Love the stash bag itself.
sg4

Post by sg4 »

Best place is government owned land like green belts and protected woods. I would be suprised if people dig a foot down in the woods to find it and woods round me are heavily used but wonder off and go through a few bushes and people wont go there, just avoid the open area as people will camp/ party in the clearings
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Good point!
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

Great idea about the stash. Id be more inclined to do it in a railway embankment or something similar. How about the centre of a large roundabout? no one ever builds there, and the likley hood of someone digging it up is slim
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli

Post by 90. »

lol i'd not use a roundabout as i know someone that plants veg on them :lol:
i've noticed that the empty 2tlr wide mouth containers from my protein shakes would be ideal to use as a stash container ;)

regards
Amber_Leith

Post by Amber_Leith »

Ive done this with food and water, have considered throwing in basic tools and maybe a change of clothes too, have two packages burried out of town in different directions and one in the garden lol
tigs

Post by tigs »

don't forget to wrap the bag in thick plastic or put it in a an air tight bucket , all fabric gets wet when it rains the soil does too and so will what you put in the bag!
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8