What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Fenland Prepper

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Fenland Prepper »

Something I imagine everyone else has run into, where do you put all the stuff! I work from home a lot of the time and have a decent size home office. I have now started stacking stuff under the desk in plastic boxes but still needed more space. So searched ebay and bought two wall monted pine shelving units, got them fitted up and now i can start filling them up with all the homemade pickles and chutneys, tomato sauces etc we make.
So my preps are about extending the storage space. Does anyone have any clever solutions? Would be good to know if anyone has done any outdoor storage :?:
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Fenland Prepper wrote:Something I imagine everyone else has run into, where do you put all the stuff! I work from home a lot of the time and have a decent size home office. I have now started stacking stuff under the desk in plastic boxes but still needed more space. So searched ebay and bought two wall monted pine shelving units, got them fitted up and now i can start filling them up with all the homemade pickles and chutneys, tomato sauces etc we make.
So my preps are about extending the storage space. Does anyone have any clever solutions? Would be good to know if anyone has done any outdoor storage :?:
We have covered storage plenty of times, please use the search facility and have a mooch around. :D
Mustachio

Post by Mustachio »

Just bought myself a new Schrade Survival Knife (I really wanted the SCHF9 but couldn't find it at a decent priced one in the UK) so went for the SCHF3 instead.

I don't have mega bucks to spend on a new knife so going by the reviews this one is a bargain.

Also bought a Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Multitool that was breifly dropped to £18 with free P+P on Amazon. Again, I'd love a Leatherman but don't have the brass at the moment.

Also got some spare bolts, nocks & a string for my crossbow pistol.
DundeePrepper

Post by DundeePrepper »

preppingsu wrote:
Fenland Prepper wrote:Something I imagine everyone else has run into, where do you put all the stuff! I work from home a lot of the time and have a decent size home office. I have now started stacking stuff under the desk in plastic boxes but still needed more space. So searched ebay and bought two wall monted pine shelving units, got them fitted up and now i can start filling them up with all the homemade pickles and chutneys, tomato sauces etc we make.
We have covered storage plenty of times, please use the search facility and have a mooch around. :D

Maybe this would be handy for you ???
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8338&hilit=boys+bedroom
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today after I have sorted the animals, I am sharpening my chainsaw. Got a lot of firewood to deal with. I NEVER turn it down when offered! :D Then I am going to sort the freezers out to see what is/ not needed.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
tolerance

Post by tolerance »

Want to buy a butane heater this week have not got a clue if they are any good though, so I will let you all know how I get on with it.

Want to get out and go for a walk around the woods this week, as I have not been out much since the weather started to turn so its a nice reason to test out my new Lidl flask.

Oh yea nearly forgot to say got a box of Candelabras and other miscellaneous candle stick holder type items at the local boot fair today. Such a great find as I don't think you can ever have enough candles/candle holders in case of a power cut. So I am a very happy bunny today :D
Having food,water and shelter are not a right.
They are a responsibility.

So make it your priority.
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Getting me some Heritage seeds this week.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today has been productive. After a steady start, I fired up the chainsaw and cut up a cherry tree for the woodpile (more like a mountain my Wife reckons! :lol: ) I HAD to go to town to do banking, posting parcels etc. Whilst there I did a shop. Picked up poultry feed, bird seed(for my parakeets),bale of straw, pasta, tinned stuff- carrots, peas, hot dogs(I love 'em- can't beat chicken lips and pork! :lol: ) tin spuds, dried spuds,and my favourite from poundland, red salmon.
After lunch, took the dog a walk, got back and brewed some bitter. The shelves are full, as are the freezers. This will take us across the New Year, as I now have no time off because of the annual retail-fest.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
vespanutuk

Post by vespanutuk »

my preps so far this week include spending most of the day following the wife around crimbo shopping, then took the axe to some more wood and stacked that this evening, going upto base camp tomorrow to do some more work there while im not at work
Steveo82

Post by Steveo82 »

I got in trouble with the other half about the amount of tins we are accumulating. Time for a solution.
Somthing like this should do it, but I'm going to optimise my design around perfect cuts from 8x4 sheets which I can get perfectly cut at B&Q. So it's just like a flat back kit.