Secret prepping

Homes and Retreats
LDNprepper

Secret prepping

Post by LDNprepper »

Is posting videos on Youtube which show your face a good idea. I mean there is always someone that knows you or knows where you live and by advertising the fact that your a prepper you are pretty much inviting people to come to your house if SHTF.
Wouldn't it be better to just stay of the camera so people can't see your face?

Some of the videos are great and very helpful, but it seems silly to advertise the fact that you are a prepper and have food and water stored at your house where your hoping to keep yourself and family members safe.
Area 3: Surrey, Sussex, Kent, (London)
Hamradioop

Re: Secret prepping

Post by Hamradioop »

Not a good idea IMHO, Operational Security would be breached.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

OPSEC aside I wouldn't want to do it, I never as a musician enjoyed listening to the playback as it alters your voice greatly from what you hear in your head, visually I am thinking it would be a worse feeling, OPSEC included probably not the best of ideas :?

Having said that and I probably wont say this often, I am thankful of all those that post how to's on youtube on just about anything from reloading, game preparation, dehydrating, the list goes on and on, even if I laugh my arse off at some of the folk on there and am irritated by some, I do not want them to stop, and there is the crux of the issue ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

If someone stole my mung beans I'd probably laugh as they wouldn't have the patience to prepare them and certainly wouldn't know how.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
DundeePrepper

Post by DundeePrepper »

nickdutch wrote:If someone stole my mung beans I'd probably laugh as they wouldn't have the patience to prepare them and certainly wouldn't know how.
Along those sort of lines - is anyone preparing a "mock food supply" so if you are in the situation where someone wants your food you can give them it. Whats your thoughts? Would you purposely provide something that would be dangerous to eat for example.. or a tainted water supply?
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

DundeePrepper wrote:
nickdutch wrote:If someone stole my mung beans I'd probably laugh as they wouldn't have the patience to prepare them and certainly wouldn't know how.
Along those sort of lines - is anyone preparing a "mock food supply" so if you are in the situation where someone wants your food you can give them it. Whats your thoughts? Would you purposely provide something that would be dangerous to eat for example.. or a tainted water supply?
Probably not as it would take up your own storage space and on top of that some of us (like me) have limited time and money to play around with making poisoned food preps. Also, I think it would be a little too paranoid to think that someone would steal my mung beans.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
DundeePrepper

Post by DundeePrepper »

nickdutch wrote:
DundeePrepper wrote:
Probably not as it would take up your own storage space and on top of that some of us (like me) have limited time and money to play around with making poisoned food preps. Also, I think it would be a little too paranoid to think that someone would steal my mung beans.
I agree.. :lol: I was thinking a bit more along the lines of keeping some separate and having it in an obvious place.. If you are ever in the situation they just take a small amount rather than your whole stash! :)
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Wear a Balaclava or an Anonymous mask if you really feel the need.