My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

How are you preparing
J23

Re: My Stealth Permanent Camp/Bug Out Location.

Post by J23 »

This looks great, hope you won't get into trouble because of it :D
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

stevecoles wrote:did some research, the area isn't privately owned or used for shooting, in fact hunting in the area is prohibited, it is ran by the new forest commission, i was right about the newly planted trees area idea, its to keep dear away,

so as for the angry games keeper, im safe!

steve
You still have no rights to do what you've done, its still criminal damage and trespass.

Do you have permission from the New Forest National Park Authority to chop down trees; build a camp and reside their?
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

I think the only thing at the moment is chopping down the trees - the Forestry Commission may not be ecstatic about that but I can't see a problem with setting up a tent, etc, even within the fence. It's not as if the fence is fencing anything else in. The tent, etc, are temporary and can all be removed if necessary, hopefully leaving everything as you found it (hmmm, the trees :roll: !) If you have made it this far into the New Forest, you can bet your boots plenty of other people have too and they've probably just left the camp alone because they either think someone might be there (and they don't want confrontation) or they think there isn't anything worth taking/trashing (I can't imagine you get many scumbags going for long walks in the woods :)), but I can't imagine you're leaving anything valuable there. Anyway, my main point is the "stealth" aspect. You can quite easily see this is a camp. It doesn't exactly blend in. Is there anything anyone can suggest that would let it blend into the woods and not be seen unless you're on top of it? I'm thinking of all the people ingeniously hiding out in the woods during the war to escape the Nazis and the Robin Hood movies.
adrian007

Post by adrian007 »

In terms of a bug out location it it probably as unlikely to be found as any in a wood - there aren't a great many woods with no clear owner.

I'd avoid fires though - they are definitely not allowed in the new forest, you might blag the camp, if the verderers find you, you won't blag the fire.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Devonian wrote:
stevecoles wrote:did some research, the area isn't privately owned or used for shooting, in fact hunting in the area is prohibited, it is ran by the new forest commission, i was right about the newly planted trees area idea, its to keep dear away,

so as for the angry games keeper, im safe!

steve
You still have no rights to do what you've done, its still criminal damage and trespass.

Do you have permission from the New Forest National Park Authority to chop down trees; build a camp and reside their?
I'm with Devonian on this. Good luck dealing with the FC or the land owner when they find it.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

I cannot see where the criminal damage is in the photo. as to trespass read this http://www.mylawyer.co.uk/trespassing-a-A76076D34460/
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Hamradioop wrote:I cannot see where the criminal damage is in the photo. as to trespass read this http://www.mylawyer.co.uk/trespassing-a-A76076D34460/
Criminal Damage - Chopping down trees.

Also given the fencing which as others say is likely to be a pheasant pen, then this would indicate to me that the land is not Forestry Commission Land, but privately owned land - the FC do not get involved in pheasant hunting. It is possible that the FC may have let the sporting rights out, but again I have never know the FC do this for pheasant shoots, only for Deer Control and fishing rights - but I could be wrong.
stevecoles

Post by stevecoles »

guys, seriously. i came and joined this website because i wanted support, help and maybe a few new friends,

ok i get it, you dont like the idea, its on new forest land on a 'pheasant' pen, (it isnt a bloody pheasant pen) my grandfather was a games keeper i know what they look like.

devonian, well mate you dont agree with anything, half of the things you write are negative.

i just wanted to say cheers guys, this camp is too far out of the way to be hidden, the woods surrounding it is fully over grown, no evidence of forestry commission work has taken place at all, the area is being left to grow up and out because of the growing numbers of deer in the area.

i dont think i will post on uk-preppers again, or maybe i will but from inside a jail cell :lol:

so, good luck for the future, thanks for the support, you who did.

steve.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

stevecoles wrote:guys, seriously. i came and joined this website because i wanted support, help and maybe a few new friends,

ok i get it, you dont like the idea, its on new forest land on a 'pheasant' pen, (it isnt a bloody pheasant pen) my grandfather was a games keeper i know what they look like.

devonian, well mate you dont agree with anything, half of the things you write are negative.

i just wanted to say cheers guys, this camp is too far out of the way to be hidden, the woods surrounding it is fully over grown, no evidence of forestry commission work has taken place at all, the area is being left to grow up and out because of the growing numbers of deer in the area.

i dont think i will post on uk-preppers again, or maybe i will but from inside a jail cell :lol:

so, good luck for the future, thanks for the support, you who did.

steve.
You want support for criminal activity? You want us to condone this? Hmmmm. We've given you the proper support: Unless you have permission for your permanent camp you are trespassing and felling trees without permission and/or a felling licence is illegal.

Clearly you have ingenuity and skills in shelter building but the location is wrong. Devonian, myself and a few others have highlighted our concerns and advised you accordingly.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

trespassing is trespassing, if I owned a woodland I don't think I'd take very kindly to someone setting up a camp and damaging my trees. if you cant stand a bit of criticism now how will you cope post SHTF??
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.